What's new

My grey hair...

Seems to be disappearing. Could it be the shampoo?

I've had a grey patches since high school. I'm 28 now and had, until recently, more salt than pepper in my hair. I switched to Pantene's shampoo for thick hair and it seems to be getting RID of the grey hair. I want to keep it, gentlemen! It's been a part of me for a long time, and I like it, as do others. Any suggestions? Could it be the shampoo? Do any of you gents have a suggested product for keeping the grey?

Seems to be disappearing. Could it be the shampoo?

I've had a grey patches since high school. I'm 28 now and had, until recently, more salt than pepper in my hair. I switched to Pantene's shampoo for thick hair and it seems to be getting RID of the grey hair. I want to keep it, gentlemen! It's been a part of me for a long time, and I like it, as do others. Any suggestions? Could it be the shampoo? Do any of you gents have a suggested product for keeping the grey?

What on Earth are you talking about?
This is confusing. Are you saying that you have a thick head of hair (at 28 years old), with a grey patch? Is your shampoo thinning out your hair, or is it turning it black?

What on Earth are you talking about?
This is confusing. Are you saying that you have a thick head of hair (at 28 years old), with a grey patch? Is your shampoo thinning out your hair, or is it turning it black?

He's saying he has had salt an pepper hair for awhile and likes it but his new shampoo (pantene) is making it only black instead of the salt and pepper he likes. What to do, he asks?

I have no idea. I thought that once you lost the pigment it never came back.

At any rate, I've been graying since I was 22 and am 38 now. My strategy is to keep my hair high and tight, since the gray isn't as noticeable. Also, I'm turning into a graybeard, so staying cleanshaven is important.

Fortunately, I look forward to the shaving part these days. :smile:

I also can keep my gray to a minimum by keeping my hair short but as far as getting rid of by using a certain shampoo, that has never happened to me. I went as far as using Just for Men one time but even that didn't last long and it looked rather silly, so now i embrace it. I look at it as a sign of wisdom now.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
:lol:

31 and have 2 gray hair on the right... I keep telling SWMBO it's her fault... She turns red... I can't wait to have wings!!
proxy.php

SWMBO thinks it's not cool...

I dunno if it's the shampoo or what... I've had a ring around the back of my head to the sides for the last few years. 38 now. Call it a halo.
So hang on while I write the name of that stuff down...:wink2:
P...A...N...T...... thick... Ok got it.

I would keep this under wraps and send a confidential letter to Pantene. This could mean big bucks for you as a spokesman for the company. :thumbup1:

matches the pic of Paulie Walnuts perfectly: "Consigliere of Proraso,you got a problem with that?"

31 and have 2 gray hair on the right... I keep telling SWMBO it's her fault... She turns red... I can't wait to have wings!!
proxy.php

You know, it might be that my hair is just laying down better and the grey isn't as noticeable because it's under the dark brown. (Dark brown doesn't really qualify as "pepper," right?)

So I suppose I'm jumping the gun to assume it's the shampoo. Though if that is the case, you're right, I should get a deal with Pantene...

You know, it might be that my hair is just laying down better and the grey isn't as noticeable because it's under the dark brown. (Dark brown doesn't really qualify as "pepper," right?)

So I suppose I'm jumping the gun to assume it's the shampoo. Though if that is the case, you're right, I should get a deal with Pantene...

Have you changed your diet recently? More broccolli? Added single-malt scotch or garlic?

Are you growing your hair longer? A barber once told me that gray hair grows more slowly. Over time dark hair overtakes and hides the gray. Get a haircut and the gray is more visible again.

Or you could just have discovered something in your diet or routine that will make you a millionaire.

Have you changed your diet recently? More broccolli? Added single-malt scotch or garlic?

I was thinking along the same lines. Some sort of change that is providing either internal or external anti-oxidant boost can cause grey hair to be replaced with darker colour hair during the growth phase of hair growth cycle.

proxy.php

pauly's da man, that used to be my avatar round here for a while. cracks me up every time i see it.

as far as greys go i have noticed much less grey hairs with natural shampoos. if i used store brands like head n shouders the greys return, however if i only use once and don't do the wash rinse repeat thing they go away and my natural color most definately come back with much less greys. i'm not fully grey, only maybe 100-200 strands.

Are you growing your hair longer? A barber once told me that gray hair grows more slowly. Over time dark hair overtakes and hides the gray. Get a haircut and the gray is more visible again.

This must be it. I've let my hair grow longer over the summer and the grey hairs aren't keeping up. When it's shorter, the grey is more visible.

Top Bottom