What's new

Lesson learned

I'm a month or two into wet shaving with a DE and today I learned a valuable lesson. I have tried most of the blades in my sample pack from WCS and today I had my third shave with a feather blade. I was on my third pass (ATG) and it was really rough. I was getting weepers everywhere and I usually only get maybe 2 during a whole shave. I've read here that some can only get one or two shaves from their feathers and was beginning to think that was the case until I decided I was going to finish off the other side of my face with a WTG pass and call it quits. When I switched hands to finish I felt the TTO knob on my SS wiggle and realized that it somehow came loose. After tightening it down the rest of my shave went quite nicely. Too bad I have nasty razor burn on half my face now.

So a PSA for everyone out there. Make sure your blade is securely fastened into your razor!

It becomes second nature after a while to double check.
Don't let it get to you.
I remember having the worst shave of my life when I started lo those many years ago. It turns out that somehow forgot to remove the old blade and put the new one on top. I was shaving with 2 blades. Boy did that ever hurt.

I too have made this mistake! I realized my SS was cutting waaaaay more agressively than normal and realized I hadn't tightened the blade fully. Ah, well. Lesson learned.

Top Bottom