What's new

Hello you all,from a new newbie

Hello.
my name is Rasmus and i come from Denmark

i would like to introduce myself because i think that would be the polite thing to do.

i have been looking at your board for some time, and watching the videos of Mantic59 on youtube for some time.

I never really thought about my shaving other than i hated doing it, but thought that that was just the way it was, untill i stumpled upon the alternative.

i am im my twenties and has been shaving since i was 14.
at the very beginning i used an old phillips shaver "electric murder weopon" :) but stoped after about a year because it litterally pulled out hair.

since then i have been using the Mach3 and the canned goo that goes along.
not that i have had the big problems after my shave (other than really dry skin, expecially in the winter) the shave itself has allways been very painfull as the Mach3 was yanking my hair.

i have now ordered my first DE Shaver and expecting it to arrive monday, or tuesday (i cant wait to get started)

i ordered it on a Danish website that offered starter kits.
for those interested heres a link: http://www.proshave.dk/Proshave-Startsaet-2-Avanceret.aspx

to translate it contains:
1: Merkur 38C razor in stainless steel.
1 package of Derby extra razor blades (10 pcs)
1 Proraso shaving brush with artificial hair
1 proraso Preshave creme
1 proraso shaving creme
and 100 ml proraso aftershave lotion.

the whole set is at 579.00 DKK about $100.

i got told that the brush issnt the best but at least its a start.

Well this turned into quite the essay just to introduce myself

i cant wait to get started and i really hope i will succeed with some practise :)

ps sorry for typo's, english is my second language :p

Welcome to B&B and happy shaving!

Sounds like you have everything you need to get started, so go ahead and let us know how it goes!

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

Don't worry too much about the English, it's my second language also...

Welcome aboard! Great starter kit. I love the Proraso shaving line, great stuff. Let use know how your first shave goes.

Thank you very mutch for the warm welcome :)
i will ofcause be telling you all about the first shave, i just hope i dont cut myself up too bad on the first go :D

Welcome along!
When you are more comfortable with your new equipment try adding in a blade sampler pack so you can try out different typed of blades. The derbys can be a little hit and miss but should do fine while you get your basic technique worked out.

Top Bottom