What's new

Recommendation for moisturizing AS with long lasting earthy scent?

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an AS (balm or milk, preferably) that has an earthy scent (like sandlewood) that lasts a long time?

I have tried Trumper's skin food, but it's not as moisturizing as I'd like. I used to use Gillette balm for sensitive skin, and I liked how long the scent lasted but didn't particularly care for the scent.

Thanks!

Check out the men's section of the Yves Rocher website, click Men-E d parfum. They offer balms and lotions to match their cologne (Edp). A lot of them either have wood as a basenote, or some sort of natural scent. $20 for 2 so 10 bucks apiece. Have not used this stuff, but I have seen postive stuff about their scents.

I'm surprsed that no one has yet mentioned Musgo Real. It's very moisturizing for a splash (so much so that if you over-apply, you'll get a case of the stickies), and has a great, masculine scent that is patchouli-based. Not cheap, but worth every penny.

Speick After Shave Lotion - one of the better after shaves, nice manly fragrance and lasts a good while.

I wouldn't consider Speick to be woodsy exactly, although it is my favorite AS.

For an earthy scent I would suggest Floris Santal.

Try the L'Occitane ASBs, which are very moisturizing. Both the L'Occitan and Cade balms are more on the earthy side to my nose.

SCS = Saint Charles Shave

For a straight sandalwood scent, very good and quite long lasting, I recommend The Shave Den (TSD) sandalwood AS balm. Order a same size for a few bucks and the portion is quite generous.

Top Bottom