What's new

The Walking Dead-New AMC series

Ive become a fan of Mad Men and Breaking Bad...AMC has a new series called The Walking Dead based off of the graphic novels. It comes out in October and I think that it will be another hit.

here is a link of the leaked trailer at Comic-con. Cant find a better quality one unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiI6YRfWIY

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Looks like a mix of Life on Mars meets zombieland...

I posted a few pics a couple of a weeks ago on [THREAD=158141]this thread[/THREAD]. The book is awesome and they seem to be trying to be faithful to it. CAN'T WAIT!!! :w00t::thumbup:

Wow! I read the previous thread about this and this still looks awesome! The trailer makes it seem like the producers are remaining very faithful to the source material.

Just excellent!

Last edited:
just finished reading Book 1. can't wait to buy the other books :w00t: this is proving to be a slightly expensive hobby

Don't forget to look in your local library! I read a lot of comic books that I get from my library :)

Also, it only gets better after the first volume! :thumbup:

IF a zombie apocalypse ever occurred, I would prefer it to be something akin to Zombieland, though I suspect that it would turn out to be as nihilistic as The Walking Dead.

Have any of you read The Zombie Survival Guide or World War Z?

IF a zombie apocalypse ever occurred, I would prefer it to be something akin to Zombieland, though I suspect that it would turn out to be as nihilistic as The Walking Dead.

Have any of you read The Zombie Survival Guide or World War Z?

The ZSG was amusing, but I :001_wub: World War Z! Did you know Brad Pitt's production company bought the rights in '07? Apparently, Pitt will play the "lead role"... :001_unsur I am cautiously optimistic about it. I think it's a hard book to adapt to film in a way that appeals to a wide audience without changing it beyond recognition.

Both the guide and WWZ are good, but I haven't picked up the third one yet. I love zombie stuff, and this could be interesting.

I have all of the trade paperbacks for The Walking Dead, and I love it. I think it's definitely how you do a zombie apocalypse story. But I think it's going on a bit long. It seems to be getting a bit repetitive to me. I hope that there's an ending in sight soon, or something to shake things up a bit, because I can't see reading the same thing over again if not.

Please don't get me wrong. All of the trades that are out now (that's the only frame of reference I have - I haven't read any of the individual issues, so I'm not sure where the story's at right this minute) are more than worth reading. I'm just at the point where I'd like to see it go in a different direction from here.

The trailer looks awesome. I hope it comes out on DVD, though, as I don't have cable :mellow:

Wow guys. A Zombie series. You know, over the last decade it has become blatantly apparent that the ONLY good television series are on cable networks. The broadcast tv situation is complete crap. Mindless "comedy", overwrought dramas (read that as; disease of the week or the latest social issue "ripped from the headlines"), and so much pc writing as to make a person puke. Broadcast tv is about to go extinct I think.

Then you look at some of the shows on cable and think man, there are some decently made productions out there. Even though I have not watched stuff like Breaking Bad and Mad Men, it is obvious where the effort is being made. I watched the new Battlestar Galacitca from start to finish. One of the best shows of the 2000's. I watch Warehouse 13 as well. The characters there are really starting to develop. Or how about Sons of Anarchy? Yeah, some of these things are over the top with some of the language and suggested...uh, adult occupations but the production values leave broadcast in the dust. I shut off my satellite service a number of months ago and I am hoping AMC puts these out for internet viewing the next day after first airing. This is what SciFi does with 13. Thanks for linking up that trailer.

Regards, Todd

I have all of the trade paperbacks for The Walking Dead, and I love it. I think it's definitely how you do a zombie apocalypse story. But I think it's going on a bit long. It seems to be getting a bit repetitive to me. I hope that there's an ending in sight soon, or something to shake things up a bit, because I can't see reading the same thing over again if not.

Please don't get me wrong. All of the trades that are out now (that's the only frame of reference I have - I haven't read any of the individual issues, so I'm not sure where the story's at right this minute) are more than worth reading. I'm just at the point where I'd like to see it go in a different direction from here.

The trailer looks awesome. I hope it comes out on DVD, though, as I don't have cable :mellow:
You know, I can where you're coming from. But, I still think there there is an eventual conclusion and that this series won't just turn into "zombie killing of the week." Perhaps it's the optimist in me! I'll let you know what I think when I get volume 12 this week! :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Last edited:
Love Walking Dead, but part of me is really concerned with where the current storyline is going.

That said, I currently don't have AMC so I'm going to have to figure out how I'm going to watch this.

Man oh man did I get giddy with excitement when I saw the trailer a couple of days ago. TWD is the only trade that I will actively go out and buy, I quit with single issues on all comics about 3 years ago when my daughter was born, but this one I will check up on regularly. As far as it getting monotonous, I agree slightly. I would like to see a bull rush of zombies coming for the group instead of the survivors from a different town of the week kinda of deal. Even though the arc with the Governor was awesome.

I've been reading the graphic novels...will be interested to see how this plays out, and if they have to tone down certain elements.

Zombies! Time to resurrect this zombie thread and to talk about a zombie show!

I'm three years late to this party but a co-worked of mine was telling me about the show. I was bored this weekend so I restarted my Netflix subscription and now I'm on season 2 episode 7. This is a really interesting show.

It's not so much about the zombies as it is a show about survival when humans aren't at the top of the food chain anymore.

Fans of the show should really check out the graphic novels (comics) that it is based on.

I never liked comic books. I'm not sold on superheroes.

However, Robert Kirkman's books are great (Actually, so is most of Image publishing's offerings). The story is much more raw and intense in the books. The show follows the plot of the books pretty closely sometimes and pretty loosely other. The show just can't go as far as the book does on some stuff.

Issues 1 - 48 and 49 - 96 are in large omnibuses now. I think you can find them on sale for about 40 bucks or you can get them in 6 issue TPBs (Trade Paper Backs) if you want to ease into it. I would grab the first TPB for like 12 bucks if you would like to ease into it and see if you like them.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Fans of the show should really check out the graphic novels (comics) that it is based on.

I never liked comic books. I'm not sold on superheroes.

However, Robert Kirkman's books are great (Actually, so is most of Image publishing's offerings). The story is much more raw and intense in the books. The show follows the plot of the books pretty closely sometimes and pretty loosely other. The show just can't go as far as the book does on some stuff.

Issues 1 - 48 and 49 - 96 are in large omnibuses now. I think you can find them on sale for about 40 bucks or you can get them in 6 issue TPBs (Trade Paper Backs) if you want to ease into it. I would grab the first TPB for like 12 bucks if you would like to ease into it and see if you like them.
the comics are great. better IMO.

I never read a comic in my life until I found out that the show was based of a comic. since then i've gotten in to about 5 comic books.

Top Bottom