What's new

goatee

So i came to B&B tonight to find help on how to shave and keep a goatee. Thanks to B&B my lather is nice, rich and thick making it hard to see. I also have not had a goatee since before I started DE shaving 4 months ago. With can foam and a cartridge razor it was easy to see and shape. Any advice?

I tried searching for goatee on google. I found this add for a crazy goatee thing and it made me :blink: + :laugh:
http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/tech-gadget/goatee
I hope posting links do not break any rules.

Once it gets long enough it isn't a problem. You can always wipe the lather off right before you shave next to it and it would still be slick enough to shape. Once you do it a few times it's not a problem knowing where to stop.

Once it gets long enough it isn't a problem. You can always wipe the lather off right before you shave next to it and it would still be slick enough to shape. Once you do it a few times it's not a problem knowing where to stop.

Pretty much. If your lather is too thick to see what you need to see, simply rub your hand over the area to thin the lather. It is a little tough to judge your blade edge with some DE's, but with practice it becomes easier. If all else fails, and you are really having a hard time with keeping things tidy, you can always spend the $5 on a Bump Fighter and some blades and use it for trimming and travel.

After lathering up for a pass, I run a finger down the sides of the goatee to remove the lather from that part so I can see better. If you remove a little too much, you can always spread a little lather around with your finger when you get to the edges. After it has grown in, you'll probably have no trouble knowing where the edges are and it'll be second nature to you.

After lathering up for a pass, I run a finger down the sides of the goatee to remove the lather from that part so I can see better. If you remove a little too much, you can always spread a little lather around with your finger when you get to the edges. After it has grown in, you'll probably have no trouble knowing where the edges are and it'll be second nature to you.

I do this exact same thing also. Works well and I haven't accidentally taken off too much in ages. It mostly just takes practice and knowing when to say "close enough."

I do this exact same thing also. Works well and I haven't accidentally taken off too much in ages. It mostly just takes practice and knowing when to say "close enough."

I think that is the key - practice. I have been wetshaving for years with a fusion blade and it was easy...but getting it all tidy with the DE takes some practice. For me, taking my time has helped a lot. I also put some KOS oil on before I later, and I realize I can touch up that area without any iritation.

This is what I do. The more you shave around it with your DE the better you'll get at knowing where the blade is and how to go about shaping with it.

Thanks for the advice. I will try thinning the lather with my finger and water.
I do not want to try the goatee saver. Although It would be fun to do a review on it. :lol:

Top Bottom