What's new

Formal Introduction: One More For The Cult of DE Shaving

Since I posted in B/S/T, I think it is only appropriate that I formally introduce myself. I am a somewhat new to DE shaving guy from Toronto. I got my first DE razor (merkur 33c)in Dec. 09 and already have an another one (Old style Muhle R89). I haven't looked back since, although I still need to be weened of the cartridges for head shaving. I'm a little on the frugal/simple side so I shave with a combination of Emu Oil soap (no laurel sulfates) and butter mixed in a dollar store flower pot used with a cheap boar hair brush. I also use the cheapest olive oil I can find as preshave oil, loaded in a soap dispenser for convenience. I owe a lot to this place for helping me get fully into DE wetshaving. I have been lurking this place for a long time just soaking in all the knowledge. My shaves are much smoother now and just as fast as when I shaved with a quatro. The one thing I need to change are these derby blades that have been wearing on my patience as of late. I'm gonna try to find a better match for my Fattip razor, I did post a WTB ad so hopefully someone sees it. Anyways, this seems like a great community and I would be honored to be apart of it. Cheers.

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Top Bottom