What's new

New Rolex

What do you gents think of this Rolex from the Cellini Danaos line? I like the retro look and the fact it's on a band.

Beautiful. I like the white face best, but both are stunning retro designs. My grandfather's 1952 Rolex Oyster is one of my favorite watches. I had it restored for my Dad's b-day two years ago, but any classic Rolex gives me a warm fuzzy feeling!

I like the one on the right

can pass on the one on the left

+1. The one on the right looks great. Would love to get one if it wasn't $10,000. :thumbdown

(I dont know the actual price, just pointing out the fact that Rolex's are damn expensive)

I also like that they don't have a date window. I find them annoying on a watch. It detracts from the watch face.

I prefer the one on the left. I'm usually a fan of Rolex's older sports models (GMT, Submariner and Explorer I& II), the Cellinis do have their charm.

Something is off, I don't know if its the pillow shaped case, or the numerals are too large on the face,it seems too busy?

Something is off, I don't know if its the pillow shaped case, or the numerals are too large on the face,it seems too busy?
A lot of people feel that way about the pillow shaped Rolex. That't probably why they made reletively few of them. I on the other hand disagree, they are unique, and that covers a lot of ground in my book.

Mike

Here's my thoughts on Rolexs...when you have one a legit one...everyone thinks it's a fake. Now I don't wear watches for other peoples opinions...but it does happen.

Here's my thoughts on Rolexs...when you have one a legit one...everyone thinks it's a fake. Now I don't wear watches for other peoples opinions...but it does happen.

Really? I have never had this problem. People may ask, but once you tell them it is real, that is that.

I think they look :001_cool:

You might want to search the sale boards for the Glycine Eugène Meylan. Nice watch at a budget friendly price :thumbup1:

I've had a Rolex for 15+ years and not a single person has every said "Is that a Rolex? lol (I have a stainless Oyster Date with Oyster bracelet)

BTW, for $6,500 I think there are better watches. Those are just my two cents... neither of them "grabbed me."

I like the one on the right - and I own a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day Date. My only complaint is that my wife's cheap watch tells better time. I lose one minute a month. I brought it in a number of times but they said that's the way wind up watches work! :w00t:

I like the one on the right - and I own a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Day Date. My only complaint is that my wife's cheap watch tells better time. I lose one minute a month. I brought it in a number of times but they said that's the way wind up watches work! :w00t:

My 10 year old and 15 year old Rolex keep very accurate time.

Top Bottom