What's new

Razor stand.

Hello.

Got a question, could anyone of you guys recommend a good nice straight razor stand? I found this on a swedish site. Thats around 27$

Good buy? What do you think?

Thanks,
Erik

I have one of those and I love it! I got it from Taylors of old bond street.

I sorry to say that I can't recall how much I paid but it fits lots of my razors so depending on which mood I'm in I can display my current choice.

Hello.

Got a question, could anyone of you guys recommend a good nice straight razor stand? I found this on a swedish site. Thats around 27$

Good buy? What do you think?

Thanks,
Erik

Looks nice! I'm not sure if my "stand" qualifies as "nice" (but it holds several razors securely)...it's an old mug :lol:

don't know if you would like a combo unit but this is one of my favorites for its traditional look and the black one compliments my ansgar scuttle well. you can find it here http://www.classicshaving.com/catalog/item/4477312/4666758.htm

My only concern with that design is...the bottom of the razor isn't held anywhere, will it slip?

Last edited:
I've got a Cuttingdesign stand that holds two straights and two brushes. It was well priced and does a great job.

I have one of these for 3 brushes and 2 DEs, but am thinking about placing an order to now hold some of my straights. I think you can get them custom, so I'm thinking of maybe 2 brushes and 4 straights or something along those lines. The price was very reasonable as well.

That's a beautiful stand :thumbup1:...Where are you thinking about displaying your str8 on this stand (inside or outside the bathroom). The reason I ask is that I was looking into that same stand at some point, but then decided that instead of a stand, I would rather have a display case...storing my str8s away from the humid atmosphere of the bathroom. Moisture does a nasty number on razors in general (over time of course). Now, I do not keep my str8s anywhere close to the shower/shave room. I keep them in a display case with silica gel inside. Nice and dry :001_cool:. I take out the one I wish to shave with the night before (let it air, so to speak), strop it and get it ready for AM shave (which I strop again in the AM, before my shave).

But, that's just what I opted to do...YMMV

Cheers,
Robert

I've forgotten about this thread. But back to start it up again for another question.

Thanks for the tips!

Anyone knows where to get one of these pictured holding this W&B

Thanks,
Erik

Top Bottom