What's new

flip blade

I too have noticed this and think it has been debated here before. As far as I can remember the numbers serve no purpose and are more to do with the manufacuring process than actual useage. Also it has been discussed that flipping the blade serves no purpose whatsoever.

Hope this helps!

rmac

Here's another guy agreeing that blade flipping serves no purpose other than to open yourself up to one more opportunity for a cut finger.

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Blade flipping can help you clean the bottom side a little upon reinsertion and rinsing, but increases your chances of being cut!

I've heard from a few different people here on the site that the numbers on some razor blades (such as Iridium Supers) are put there by the manufacturers for quality control purposes.

I tried flipping my blades for a while, but I found no benefit whatsoever to doing so.

Welcome to B&B. I don't think flipping the blade would serve any useful purpose. There are only 2 edges on a DE blade, and even if you flip the blade in the razor, you are still using the exact same 2 edges. Just my 2 cents!:001_smile

Welcome to the B&B. I flipped the blade once, but quickly found that shaving with the spine of the straight razor isn't nearly as effective as using the blade! :blushing:

Welcome aboard. As for flipping the blade, it's merits you nothing so there is no point to doing so. Those numbers on the blade are used by the manufacturer for internal purposes (e.g. QC).

welcome aboard.

flipping the blade can even cause you worse shaves, if its had a bit of a 'lip' from cutting hairs. As said previously, theyre just for internal QA

Top Bottom