What's new

Love the Slant, will I love a Vision?

F

firebox

Is the Vision worth the money to try? With MB soap and NB gel, the slant is giving a nice close shave.

Is the Vision worth the money to try? With MB soap and NB gel, the slant is giving a nice close shave.

My question is 180* apart, I have the Vision and love the performance of it. Is the shave I could expect from a Slant that much superior to the Vision?

Firebox, that Vision is one of the best razors I've got, talk about being able to go BBS, it's been compared to the same shave you can get from a straight razor.

I need to try the vision again... I've used it about 5 times and each shave was so bad that I had to go right back to my slant or slim. Currently I'd say stay away from the vision, but I'll admit that I don't have a lot of experience with it

For me, the Vision gave the best shave by far between the two razors. I used the Slant less than half a dozen times and sold it. YMMV

It really comes down to what works for you. You really have to try the razors for yourself as no one can tell you what will work for you because we all have different preferences, skin types, hair types, technique, etc.

If you're getting a "nice, close shave" with your slant, there may be little to no room for improvment. If you need to satisfy your curiosity (as I have many, many times), give the Vision a shot. You can always sell it on the B/S/T forum. Good luck.

Seeing as how I own both, the normal response is to buy whichever you don't currently own(resistance is futile!). However, the VISION is a different beast altogether.

If you have large to xl hands, then the VISION will fit perfectly. It also makes a beautiful sound when slicing your whiskers- the slant does not make the same sound.

Being that the VISION is adjustable, have you decided whether you will be changing the blade exposure on each pass or find a setting and leave it there-as you know, this is something the Slant has built in.

You can and will get a very close shave with the VISION- in fact, the closest shave I have ever had was a 3 pass with the VISION/Feather combo-but it did lead to some irritation. Now I primarily use the Israeli blade with the VISION and receive excellent shaves.

I will not say that one is better than the other- I love them both and use them both in my rotation. Seeing as how you shave with the Slant, your technique for using the VISION will be about the same with minor adjustments for size and angle.

Is it worth the money-basically, the VISION is the BMW of adjustable razors; takes some time to learn, needs to be kept in perfect working condition, but boy does she drive, errrr, shave purrttty!

Marty

Save your money, keep your Slant, you have the best quality/price razor. And if you ask me, I think is just the best DE, period.

Like you, I had this question, is it worth the money, well, I bought a Vision to verify by myself. And, I finaly sold it and I don't miss it at all. Nice razor, very cool, industrial look. IMPOSSIBLE TO RESIST. When I got it, after my initial excitment about this razor, I begin to hate it. I find it just too heavy, over engineering, adjustability was not necessary (HD/Slant do an excellent job with a fixed head), the head was too bulky, the blade exposure was not the same on both side, etc.

My final word is, "less is more" :wink2: just my two cents.

Is it worth the money-basically, the VISION is the BMW of adjustable razors; takes some time to learn, needs to be kept in perfect working condition, but boy does she drive, errrr, shave purrttty!

Marty

For me, the "needs to be kept in perfect working condition" was the downfall of the Vision. It is a high maintence machine with many parts that need to be cleaned frequently or the adjustment mechanism gets gummed up. It does give a great shave, but I also find it too bulky and hard to maneuver compared to the Slant and HD. IMHO, simpler is better.

Michael

If you enjoy your Slant, I would say that most of the reason for this is that you are happy with the shaves that you are getting. Your technique would probably need very little adjustment with a Vision. However, it would be different, and it may or may not require the use of a different blade.

What is important with any "tool" is how it feels in your hands, and if that feel allows you to achieve the results that you desire. Some people like to have more tools... because they can! :biggrin:

It doesn't sound as if you'll be able to risk temptation... so, go for it! :cool:

Tchau,
chop-chop

F

firebox

I've got one on the way. The opinions were interesting and it is 'futile to resist'. If I don't love it, you will see here before long looking for a new home.

Top Bottom