What's new

confused!!

why do all the straight razor guys say you get a closer, smoother shave from them? Are they right, am I missing something?? I have been wet shaving for 2 years and have been thinking of buying a straight.

My understanding is that a straight razor has the potential to provide the closest shave possible because it is a completely unguarded blade against your skin. In safety razor terms, think of it as a Fat Boy set at 15. The closeness comes from blade exposure. On a straight, of course, there is no "safety." This provides the potential for the closest possible shave... as well as the potential for stitches and life-long scars.

My understanding is that a straight razor has the potential to provide the closest shave possible because it is a completely unguarded blade against your skin. In safety razor terms, think of it as a Fat Boy set at 15. The closeness comes from blade exposure. On a straight, of course, there is no "safety." This provides the potential for the closest possible shave... as well as the potential for stitches and life-long scars.

You are correct.

Keep in mind that YMMV, though. Some get BBS with Mach 3s.

Top Bottom