What's new

Aggressive Razor Parker 91-R or Merkur 37G Slant Match-Up Question

I'd like to try one of the so called aggressive/expert razors.

What's the consensus on a Parker 91-R or a Merkur 37G Slant ?

Has anyone owned both of them and have an opinion ?

This will be my 8th razor purchase if I buy one.

The 37C (I can't imagine it shaves substantially different than the gold version) is made of pure awesome. I can't recommend it enough, a 37C with a Feather is the best tool I've found yet for taking down my beard, which is very tough and thick. To be fair I have irritation problems, but I think that's much more down to my amount of pressure on the razor. Definitely buy it.

R

rainman

The Parker 91R head may end up looking similiar to the Merkur 37C head. Just not intentionally.

I started right off with the 91R and have been quite happy with it shaving since April. I'm a little doubtful that it's all that aggressive, since it didn't seem to be very difficult for me. But it's my only DE razor, so I can't really say.

I'm expecting a Lord L6 to arrive in the mail, probably on Monday, so maybe on Tuesday I could give a comparison to that. Justification for the L6 is to use as a travel razor.

I started right off with the 91R and have been quite happy with it shaving since April. I'm a little doubtful that it's all that aggressive, since it didn't seem to be very difficult for me. But it's my only DE razor, so I can't really say.

I'm expecting a Lord L6 to arrive in the mail, probably on Monday, so maybe on Tuesday I could give a comparison to that. Justification for the L6 is to use as a travel razor.

I think you'll find the L6 much gentler than the 91R. Makes a great travel razor - gives dfs shaves and no irritation.

I think you'll find the L6 much gentler than the 91R. Makes a great travel razor - gives dfs shaves and no irritation.

Yes - I tried it this morning and it definitely seems to be milder than the Parker 91R. I was quite pleased. I think my preference would be for a milder razor than the 91R. Knowing what I know now, if I could go back I probably would have gone for an EJ in preference to the Parker, although the Parker is OK for now.

I'm going through a blade evaluation right now and this would not be a good time to change razors, or anything else other than blades. I swapped the current Sharp blade out of the Parker and into the Lord for just this one shave. This was shave number 3 on the Sharp, and it was just fine. The Lord's mildness made it a lot easier on the neck.

Top Bottom