What's new

Hi everyone

Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

I just finished another shave and this was the best yet. I have been trying to heed the advice of "go slow, no more than two passes," so I have been content with quite a bit of stubble left over for the first couple weeks. Today, however, I did two passes wtg and decided to add one xtg. For the first time I had a DFS with absolutely no irritation or burning.

Here's my setup that I'm going to stick with for a month (hopefully):

Merkur HD w/ Dorco blade
Mama Bear's Unscented soap (lathered in bowl)
Porters PBB
Thayer's Unscented WH
Mama Bear's Unscented Summer AS

I am not sure if my more successful shaves are due to Mama Bear's or better technique, so I'm going to stick with the same variables for awhile.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Thanks for the warm welcome, all.

I just finished another shave and this was the best yet. I have been trying to heed the advice of "go slow, no more than two passes," so I have been content with quite a bit of stubble left over for the first couple weeks. Today, however, I did two passes wtg and decided to add one xtg. For the first time I had a DFS with absolutely no irritation or burning.

Here's my setup that I'm going to stick with for a month (hopefully):

Merkur HD w/ Dorco blade
Mama Bear's Unscented soap (lathered in bowl)
Porters PBB
Thayer's Unscented WH
Mama Bear's Unscented Summer AS

I am not sure if my more successful shaves are due to Mama Bear's or better technique, so I'm going to stick with the same variables for awhile.

Good plan! You will learn quicker if you use the same tools!

Welcome aboard. Mama Bear products have been a great find for me. I currently am rotating three of her soaps and I enjoy every one. The unscented Summer AS balm is my absolute favorite and I use it every day. Stay the course and it will only get better.

I awake and think, "oh goody, I get to try another shave."

This makes total sense to me -- after only a week of proper prep, and with only a single DE shave under my belt, I already want to shave again.

I'm dreaming of some equipment on par with yours; I started with very cheap gear, not sure if I would like it. Now I'm wishing I'd invested in the good stuff right away.

Top Bottom