What's new

Best vs. Two band vs. Silvertip (comparison help?)

I'm having a tough time pulling the trigger on a brush decision and was hoping to get some feedback/information. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what the performance differences is between Simpsons Best, Simpsons Two Band Super and T&H Silvertip.

Simpsons Best (Duke 2 or 3)
Simpsons Two Band Super (Ehsan)
T&H Silvertip (T&H Silvertip Badger Style I Medium or Large)

I face lather soap and currently use a EJ Medium BBB.

Thanks!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I'm having a tough time pulling the trigger on a brush decision and was hoping to get some feedback/information. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what the performance differences is between Simpsons Best, Simpsons Two Band Super and T&H Silvertip.

Simpsons Best (Duke 2 or 3)
Simpsons Two Band Super (Ehsan)
T&H Silvertip (T&H Silvertip Badger Style I Medium or Large)

I face lather soap and currently use a EJ Medium BBB.

Thanks!

One of my favorite face lathe brushes is the T+H Style 1 in small (i.e. a Rooney 1/1) and for the price, minus the B+B rebate, you get a super deal. If you add a soap or cream, you even get free shipping if the total is over $100.

Also interesting in people's feelings about difference between Simpson best and Simpson two-band. Have a Colonel in best, and love it! Thinking about a Grosvenor LE two-band. Wondering about perceived differences in feel between the two, or differences between something like those two.

Two band is firmer, the Colonel 2 band is a good value two band from Simpson.
I must admit to now finding Simpson Best a tad soft and I have or had a Duke 2,3 and CH1 in Best.

I don't think Grosvenor L.E is available any more.

There are no standards so as you go from maker to maker the names mean little you have to know the brushes. Simpson super is their top of the line. The two band three band thing just makes it more confusing. There appears to be a shortage of classic two band yet alot of new 2 band seems to be appearing. Whether they are the same or not (I doubt it just by the price differences) is still in debate.

Two band is firmer, the Colonel 2 band is a good value two band from Simpson.
I must admit to now finding Simpson Best a tad soft and I have or had a Duke 2,3 and CH1 in Best.

I don't think Grosvenor L.E is available any more.

They should be coming back soon in another limited run, according to BullGoose.

I have a tulip 2 and chubby 2 in two-band as well as a duke 3 in best and to be quite honest I prefer the duke 3 to the other 2 (by a lot). The two-band I think are just too firm for my liking. I find it much easier to build lather with the duke and the hair just seems to bloom a lot more/nicer on the duke than the others...I'm still new to wetshaving tho, so who knows, maybe my technique still needs improvement as most other people seem to prefer the two-bands, but the way my duke performs, it's very possible I'll be putting my two-bands up on the BST forum in the future.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I have the Duke 3 Best and love it!
It's my absolute favourite brush, of them all.

Top Bottom