What's new

Amazed at the difference

I have been reading many forum members posts extolling the virtues of Proraso shaving cream and was perfectly happy with my TOBS Lavender, until....I happened to be on WCS ordering some more blades and decided to throw a tube of it in the cart. For $10, I figured why not.

Had my first shave with it this morning and am completely amazed at this stuff! I honestly didn't think there would be that much difference, but the lather was rich and plentiful and its lubricating capabilities were amazing. My EJ DE89L loaded with an Astra SP glided across my face like never before. And the nice cool feel feeling that I got while splashing cold water on my face after the shave truly topped off the morning.

Looking forward to tomorrow morning already.

Proraso is a great product - but I also like TOBs almond, T&H Ultimate Comfort and Grafton, as well as a number of GFT creams.

I have been using TOBS Luxury shave cream for my first few DE shaves, and have heard a lot of praise for proraso. I guess it's another item I'm going to have to sample, erm I mean buy :blush:

I clicked expecting a post expressing amazement at the difference a "badger and blade (singular)" shave makes, compared to an electric shave, or a canned goo and cartridge shave.

But since you mentioned the great Proraso, I will shamelessly plug our group of like-minded shavers!

...The Proraso group!
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/group.php?groupid=134

It is fantastic stuff. It will always have a special place in my...brush!

Interestingly, though, I found I had no desire to use it this past weekend when I was visiting family in friends in Colorado/Wyoming. Out there, the tap water gets so cold on its own, without the menthol kick, that I felt like I should save that good stuff for other travels. I did, however, follow my shave with the pre/post cream.

Congrats!

Last edited:
Top Bottom