What's new

Shaving gel recommendations

Im going on holiday in a couple of weeks and although Id usually take my brush and shaving cream i thought Id try a can of shaving gel for a change.Its been a few years since I've used anything else but Proraso,Trumpers etc . I see Proraso do a gel.Has anyoneone tried it? Any good? Any other recommendations? :thumbup1:

Aveeno is one of the better canned gels. It even has a fairly nice almond scent, instead of the very chemical aqua scent of most gels. :tongue_sm

King of Shaves makes a nice non-lathering gel.

Of the lathering ones, I, too, prefered the Aveeno back in the day when I used gels.

Aveeno is one of the better canned gels. It even has a fairly nice almond scent, instead of the very chemical aqua scent of most gels. :tongue_sm

+1 I can appreciate Aveeno products. It does have a more natural scent than its shelf-mates.

I'm not trying to talk you out of purchasing some gel, but you can lather C.O. Bigelow/Proraso, and probably most creams with your hands. They just work better with a brush.

I like to chop and change what I shave with.Don't like to be too set in my ways. Sometimes its brush,cream and DE razor then I'll try perhaps a Bic sensitive or a Gillette twin blade.Think I'll try the Proraso shaving gel and see how it goes.

I thought the Feather Nanka and Kanwa gels were a nice pair of products and an interesting change of pace.

My brother swears by Original Source Mint and Tea Tree gel. He uses and enjoys Tabac soap, TOBS products and so on, but has kept going back to this for years. Apparently the cooling effect it has is quite impressive

I find the King of Shaves gel to be a decent product. Because it is clear and doesn't lather, it makes trimming easier. I have mostly used it for touch ups.

My brother swears by Original Source Mint and Tea Tree gel. He uses and enjoys Tabac soap, TOBS products and so on, but has kept going back to this for years. Apparently the cooling effect it has is quite impressive

I've seen this an often thought of giving it a go. Might try it

Top Bottom