What's new

I need some advise...

Ok, I have been shaving for a while with cart razors. I have always had issues getting BBS on my chin. With the old cart razors(bleh lol), I justed used to press on it, and I ALWAYS would end up looking like I shaved with the lawn mower. Now since using the DE, it has been a HUGE improovement, but I still can't get ALL of the wiskers off. I am lending my ear for help...

You'll need to provide more details. How may passes are you doing? Are they with the grain, across the grain or against the grain? What preparation steps are you taking before you start? Some information on the gear (e.g. soap, razor, blades, etc...) would be nice as well.

You may have to do an extra pass than you are used to when you DE shave. Typically, 3 passes is the norm, although some people do more and some people do less.

+1 to more info. One of the biggest mental blocks to get over when you go from a cart to DE is that you aren't trying to take everything off in one pass. The main idea is hair reduction with each pass until you are satisfied with the result or your face just can't take any more. If you go for complete and utter annihilation of the hair on the first pass you will not only be disappointed but you will also look like an extra from Saw XXVII.

Details- I am actually over the cart. shaving. I was able to drop that quick! :lol: Ok, I have a Gillette SS redtip that has "rite-aid" blades. I have others supposed to arrive today though. I use VDH soap, orig. I believe. I usually do 3 passes:

PREP: (if no shower) I get a hot towel and hold it on my face a few minutes with some soap applied already. I wash my face with hot water, then lather up real nice.
PASS 1: WTG
PASS 2: XTG (center to outside)
PASS 3: XTG (outside to center)
TOUGH-UP: as needed
FINAL: nivea ASB for sensitive skin

I dont want to keep going over it for fear of cuts...

Last edited:
I've been DE shaving for about a month, and I'm struggling with the chin as well. This morning I moved my jaw into different positions to tighten the skin and move it around. It helps. I also find that against the grain is easier than across the grain on the chin. Good luck. If you have any good tips, please post them.

I also have to contout my chin different ways, and my chin stubble is very.very coarse. I am leary im going 5to cut 1/2 my chin off ATG.

Top Bottom