What's new

Hello from Northern Virginia

Ryan here checking in for the first time. Long time reader though.

Been wet shaving for 7 years or so now, but only got serious in the past couple years.

I use:
-Razor: '57 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed (I found this guy for only $5) or '27 Gillette Old Type 102a (my first DE razor). For travel an old Mach 3, silly airline regulations.
-Blade: Haven't landed on a favorite blade yet (been using CVS brand and Derby) thinking about getting a sample pack.
-Lather: l'Occitane Cade soap puck. For travel I've been trying out various shave creams: ToOBS, Proraso, AoS and so far I prefer them in that order.
-Brush: Just upgraded from my first brush, a nylon l'Occitane, to a best badger, a steal at only $8 from CO Bigelow. For travel I use the l'Occitane travel shaving brush.
-Pre-shave: Oil that I make using 1/3 Jojoba, 2/3 Grapeseed, and a few drops of sweet orange blossom essential oil per ounce. In the most recent batch I added pepper to it.
-Post-shave: This is always up to the SO, she's got a superior sense of smell. Nothing special right now, and always welcome to suggestions.

Cheers and see you around.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Welcome from South Carolina.

I'm from NOVA and will be in Mt. Vernon tomorrow for a weekend of drinking, boating and guitar picking. Can't wait.

Ryan here checking in for the first time. Long time reader though.

Been wet shaving for 7 years or so now, but only got serious in the past couple years.

I use:
-Razor: '57 Gillette Flare Tip Super Speed (I found this guy for only $5) or '27 Gillette Old Type 102a (my first DE razor). For travel an old Mach 3, silly airline regulations.
-Blade: Haven't landed on a favorite blade yet (been using CVS brand and Derby) thinking about getting a sample pack.
-Lather: l'Occitane Cade soap puck. For travel I've been trying out various shave creams: ToOBS, Proraso, AoS and so far I prefer them in that order.
-Brush: Just upgraded from my first brush, a nylon l'Occitane, to a best badger, a steal at only $8 from CO Bigelow. For travel I use the l'Occitane travel shaving brush.
-Pre-shave: Oil that I make using 1/3 Jojoba, 2/3 Grapeseed, and a few drops of sweet orange blossom essential oil per ounce. In the most recent batch I added pepper to it.
-Post-shave: This is always up to the SO, she's got a superior sense of smell. Nothing special right now, and always welcome to suggestions.

Cheers and see you around.

Where do you buy decent blades locally? I also live in NOVA. Thanks.

Good stuff. All this friendly welcoming is great!

I live in Culpeper, work in DC. Originally from SW Florida.

RU4Scuba, where do you dive at? I've been certified since I was 13, but it's been 8 or so years since I've been able to get to do some diving.

Brio1: until 2 weeks ago I had only used CVS branded Personnas. Then BryanK offered me a Derby to try, which was worlds better. So I don't know of a good supply of quality blades in the area.

Top Bottom