What's new

Trac II cartridges are really expensive!

At least they were at a Walgreens and a local chain called Bartells.

I went in expecting them to be somewhat affordable. They were priced at $15 for 10, or $1.50 each cartridge for Gillettes. The Walgreen's brand was $10 for 10.

Maybe I'm looking at the wrong places; I've seen these same stores sell a 10 pack of cheap Kroger branded uncoated Personnas DE blades for around $9 a pack, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

I know some of you have found really good deals at the dollar store. That is my next stop. I don't know if they carry them at my local dollar stores, but it's worth a look.

If not, is there anywhere else to get them for a better price. $15 for 10 just seems too high.

The Pesonna online store has free shipping:

http://personna.alice.com/products

they are $2.99 for a 10 pack. They are selling two types of carts: those that work with just a Trac II, and Trac II/Atra combo carts.

Wal-Mart stocks the same Personna carts for $3.54 for a 10 pack.

Dollar General sells them for $1.25 for 6.

Drugstore.com has the genuine Gillette carts for $11.49 for a 10 pack, with free shipping.

I believe the $1.25 Dorks from Dollar General are sharper than the Personna brand. Picked up one of the Bump Fighter handles recently and have been using it on my noggin. May try it on the face someday.

Great! Thanks for the info, guys. I'll pick up some Personnas when I put in an order for a Bump Fighter. I'll look for those other brands, too.

Thanks.

The Dollar General blades tore me up. Never again...

Go with the Personnas; much smoother and not that much more expensive.

I get great shaves with the Dollar General Dorco blades, I guess maybe they work differently for different faces, or perhaps you just had a dud blade. YMMV, and all. :001_cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom