What's new

1st Annual Straight Razor/Wet Shaving Convention

So.....my friend Charlie and I were talking about this and decided that we should have the 1st Convention in Chicago before the end of this year. We will try to get a block of rooms at a discount and a room for vendors as well as a room for presenters and get togethers. The event can be co-sponsored by all the other forums interested as well. I would also love to get Barber Jay from Indiana out to do straight razor shaves for us too. I'm sure we could come up with a great Agenda together.

So....what do you guys think? All recommendations and comments welcome.

Thanks!

Lynn

Snipped from a later post:

Looks like we are set to have this super event on Saturday 10/20 at the Hampton Inn Chicago River North in downtown Chicago.

Vegas baby, VEGAS!!
(as I posted over on SMF)

My wife said she would facilitate peer support sessions for shave widows.

So.....my friend Charlie and I were talking about this and decided that we should have the 1st Convention in Chicago before the end of this year. We will try to get a block of rooms at a discount and a room for vendors as well as a room for presenters and get togethers. The event can be co-sponsored by all the other forums interested as well. I would also love to get Barber Jay from Indiana out to do straight razor shaves for us too. I'm sure we could come up with a great Agenda together.

So....what do you guys think? All recommendations and comments welcome.

Thanks!

Lynn

Chicago is my kinda town.
I don't shave with a straight though, and I live in the UK.

Have a good convention.

I'm close by and very interested. You should contact the local Trufitt & Hill, at 900 N. Michigan. They might be interested in a sponsorship of some sort.

Another decision about conferences in Chicago is city or suburbs. Suburbs will be cheaper. Rosemont is right by O'Hare...a good middle ground (I used to live in Chicago, but now live in Iowa, so I have no vested interests)

-Jim

This sort of thing has been talked about before and I still think it's a great idea. Someone just needs to head it up...and I take it from this post that Lynn is going to be that person!

Getting a fair amount of response from all the forums. Looks like we may actually try to pull this off.

Thanks Guys!!

This could be a lot of fun.

Lynn

Great idea Lynn. I think the community might be large enough now that this could definitely be viable.

-Nick

Top Bottom