What's new

Talked my best friend into giving it a shot!

Yesterday my wife and I went out for dinner and drinks with one of my best friends. I had just gotten a new straight razor in the mail a 6/8 Wade and Butcher in rosewood. I was so stoked about the new razor, and having just had a remarkable shave out of it, and because it is such a looker, I decided to bring it along to show my old friend.

We got to the Red Hot bar here in Tacoma, ordered a couple rounds of brew and bantered for a while. Soon i could take it no longer and revealed my razor. Now, we had never discussed our shaving habits, and having known the fellow over 30 years i had expected a good natured ribbing for my trouble. Taunt me he did, but only briefly. I watched him turning the beautiful W&B in his hand. All of sudden a light seemed to come on and he said "so what's this shaving all about? Is it cheaper than cartridge razors? Truly shocked at his positive response I regaled him with tales and information on wet shaving for a good 20 minutes.

It was a very fun and relaxing evening with a great friend and my my lovely wife. As we parted ways I said that I would put together a complete shaving kit for him, and help him out with a few lessons to help flatten out his learning curve a bit. He is really excited to give it a shot! I'm planning to give him a Fatboy or maybe a SS, tweezerman brush, some shave cream, and a sampler of blades. Yay for one more joining the ranks!

Top Bottom