What's new

Least Aggressive DE Razor

I was wondering what is considered by most of you to be the least aggressive DE Razor,or rather the very gentlest and mildest one for ultra sensitive skin.For the last 3 years I have been using several Merkur razors,but I find them all to be WAY too aggressive for my skin.Better than cartridges,especially anything with 3 blades or more,but still too rough on my skin.
For a long time now I have been using the Progress,and have had to keep it to 1 or 1.5,2 giving me too much irritation.I have tried all the modern de blades available,and I believe that after 3 years that my technique is pretty good mith a de razor.
I have tried a Gillette Super Speed black handle,which I found much gentler but still a little bit too harsh for my skin.
Since I know that you are all so knoweldgeable,could you please help point me in the direction of a decent DE for my skin.It can be a Gillette or one of the modern brands of razors,although I must say that I am quite partial to the quality of the Gillettes.
Thank you in advance.

I'm surprised no one has said the Gillette blue tip yet.
A very mild razor and one that pops up on the BST now and again.

I'm surprised no one has said the Gillette blue tip yet.
A very mild razor and one that pops up on the BST now and again.

My thoughts exactly! Isn't the Blue Tip supposed to be the most mild of all of the colored tipped Superspeeds? Which are supposed to be mild already? They can be had for a good price, but disappear real quick.

Legion

Staff member
Edwin Jagger 89L is very mild. Too mild for me, but so is a Tech. If you want a new razor go for the EJ, vintage go for the Tech.

The Blue Tip is a very mild razor but I'd have to say the Super adjustable set to one is even more so. I have both so my observation is from using each with a IP Red.

Good advice on the razors, but I' m not so sure about the blades. In my experience, even a mild razor should be used with a Feather, once the basic DE technique is mastered. A sharp blade requires less pressure and fewer strokes/passes. YMMV, of course.

The mildest I have is the Goodfella. I do like that little razor, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of attention around here.

Top Bottom