What's new

So an owl flies into a bar...

...okay, I've got nothing to follow that one up with. :p

I'm a new DE shaver and loving it. I've wanted to switch from my electric for a long while, and I've finally made the switch two weeks ago. After long nights of research, my weapon of choice ended up being a Merkur 180. I snagged a variety of soaps and aftershaves from the SCS 4th of July sale and a badger brush to go along with it.

Two weeks in and I can now top the shave that my electric razor (a Norelco Speed XL) provides. The benefits being I no longer get a neck burn from shaving that area (I can grow a rather nasty neckbeard that the electric could never seem to shave properly) and the experience is far better and more relaxing.

My only problem so far is a rather embedded mole in my chin that is next-to-impossible to shave over with the DE. My electric handles it perfectly, though, so I tend to start my shave with a quick touch of the electric over the mole before starting with my DE.

Of all of the aftershaves I've tried in the last few weeks, nothing has been able to top SCS's Bay Rum with a Twist. It's such an awesome and pleasant aftershave to use!

I'm a new DE shaver and loving it. I've wanted to switch from my electric for a long while, and I've finally made the switch two weeks ago. After long nights of research, my weapon of choice ended up being a Merkur 180. I snagged a variety of soaps and aftershaves from the SCS 4th of July sale and a badger brush to go along with it.

Two weeks in and I can now top the shave that my electric razor (a Norelco Speed XL) provides. The benefits being I no longer get a neck burn from shaving that area (I can grow a rather nasty neckbeard that the electric could never seem to shave properly) and the experience is far better and more relaxing.

My only problem so far is a rather embedded mole in my chin that is next-to-impossible to shave over with the DE. My electric handles it perfectly, though, so I tend to start my shave with a quick touch of the electric over the mole before starting with my DE.

Of all of the aftershaves I've tried in the last few weeks, nothing has been able to top SCS's Bay Rum with a Twist. It's such an awesome and pleasant aftershave to use!

Welcome to the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

There's nothing wrong with protecting the mole area with the electric.
Better than taking a trip to the Doctor for a bad cut. As Clint Eastwood once said, "A man's gotta' know his limitations."

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

Welcome to B&B. You've made a good choice for your razor. I also have a Merkur 180 and it is an excellent razor. Good luck to you.

Welcome! Its nice to see you started off with SCS products...you can't go wrong with Saint Sue's aftershaves! :thumbup:

Best of luck!

Thanks for the awesome welcome! The guides on the site have been really helpful.

Welcome to B&B. You've made a good choice for your razor. I also have a Merkur 180 and it is an excellent razor. Good luck to you.

I love the extra length on the handle, and it's a very solid feeling razor. I couldn't have asked for a better DE razor to start with.

!

and a guy said to the barman "Damn this place is crumbling even birds can enter" then the barman replied "Oh thats normal it was built in 1902 it's a really owl place.
(owl = ol'...that means Old in really old britain language)

:001_rolle

Ok that one was not really good but somene needed to close the story :p

Welcome to B&B!

Just move on to a straight razor and the mole won't be a problem anymore.:laugh:

You can still use the electric to protect the mole. As you become more comfortable and learn to handle the DE razor, you'll be able to shave around it.

Just as an idea, but you could have it removed. It's actually a very minor and simple thing to have done. It's what I would do.

Anyway, welcome aboard. You'll find much more here at B&B than just shaving information. It's a true community of gentlemen here. Check out the Mess Hall for some summer grilling ideas and the other forums here at B&B.

Top Bottom