What's new

Just Checking In

Didn't want to be a total lurker so I figured I had better post something to say hi to everyone. Been a member on other boards in the past (motorcycles mostly), but didn't discover this one until a day or two ago.

Total newbie to DE shaving, but I have tried it in the past...well, farther in the past than I realized until just now, about 16 or 17 years ago when I was in the Air Force I guess. I was young and always running late & in a hurry then though so I didn't stick with it. Coming back to it again for a lot of the same reasons as many others I guess - tired of spending a bundle on cartridges and looking for something more traditional as I get older.

Hopefully picking up a vintage razor from another member here as soon as I hear back from him whether it is already sold or not. Wish me luck! :001_smile

Anyway, that's the basics on me.

- Steve

Thanks for the welcome, fellas!

Got the razor that I wanted, an E-4 Fat Boy is on it's way to me with thanks to JPDyson :thumbup1: I'll try not to cut my face off when I get a hold of it!

Picked up a cheap boar brush and soap to start out with, will try to get my lathering technique above "terrible" during the next few days while I wait for the razor to get here. :blush: Will upgrade the brush and get some better soap when payday rolls around at the end of the month.

- Steve :001_cool:

from a fellow newb, Welcome. Congrats on the fat boy. Debating on whether I should get one myself. I've got a super speed black handle from a fellow B&B member coming soon in addition to my HD so I'll probably wait a little.

I hear ya on the cost of cartridges but ill say i have def spent alot more maybe not on blades but creams aftershaves and other essentials after making the switch to DE shaving. I may have not saved the mulah for switching but i feel a whole lot better using quality products.

You are off to a great start.
Welcome to the club.
May your shaves be enjoyable, and your acquisition disorders mild.

Welcome to B&B! Glad to have you here and the Fatboy is a fine shaver - I started off with one. Be sure to pick up a sampler pack of blades to help you find the right one.

Top Bottom