What's new

Laphroaig Cask Strength - new bottling

Just got this email (yea I couldn't resist becoming a friend so I could get my 1 square foot of property:wink2:)

I've still yet to get the cask strength, but this sounds pretty exciting.

Dear Friend of Laphroaig,

I'm excited to bring you a bit of news about one of our expressions. In the past, we bottled all Laphroaig Cask Strength at 55.5% ABV and without a bottling date or batch number. Now, however, the Scotch Whisky Association has mandated that all cask strength single malt Scotch whiskies display the bottling date and batch number on each bottle.

So to that end, we are now going to bottle each batch individually, straight from the cask. This means the ABV will vary from batch to batch, changing the flavor slightly and making each batch a unique expression in its own right – each will impart a nose and taste no different than the very moment it was recovered from the barrel.

And the best news is, you're the first to know about the official arrival of Batch #1 to the U.S. It's from the very first batch we ever made this way. So it's very special to us and one of our most interesting batches to date.

Batch 1 Facts
ABV: 57.8%/115.6 proof
Batch Date: February 2007
Tasting Notes: A full blast of massive peat smoke and seashore salt leads to a fading sweetness at the finish.
Batch Quantity: 5,100 bottles
Availability: Wherever Cask Strength is sold.

I hope you get a chance to taste this historic bottling firsthand, and I'd love to hear what you think about it.

That is VERY exciting...as a big Laphroaig fan...I can't wait to try it. Their original cask strength is one of THE most unique whiskys on the market. Many dont like it for its overpowering smoke...

But I'm a big fan :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing the email. I am a big fan of Laphroaig and I really need to get on their website and use one of my bar codes to become a Friend as well.

Might need to make a stop at the local package store soon.

Thanks for sharing the email. I am a big fan of Laphroaig and I really need to get on their website and use one of my bar codes to become a Friend as well.

Might need to make a stop at the local package store soon.

Now...biggest question is when does it arrive?

Now...biggest question is when does it arrive?

Picked up a bottle this evening. It was the only one my local store had and it was about $45 US Dollars.

Haven't had a chance to open it or try it yet and not sure if I will this evening, but I'll let you know when I do.

Picked up a bottle this evening. It was the only one my local store had and it was about $45 US Dollars.

Haven't had a chance to open it or try it yet and not sure if I will this evening, but I'll let you know when I do.

Its here already???? :drool:

Laphraoig is kinda hard for me to find in my area as it is, so I doubt I'll be finding this stuff anytime soon. Please don't hesitate to tell us all how it is so I can drool in jealousy for a few months before I find it local.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

If ... IF! ... my provincial liquor agency decides to stock this wonderful stuff, no doubt it'll be about $75/bottle. :blink:

I love Canada and all that, but every once in a while living here can really suck. :cursing:

If ... IF! ... my provincial liquor agency decides to stock this wonderful stuff, no doubt it'll be about $75/bottle. :blink:

I love Canada and all that, but every once in a while living here can really suck. :cursing:

Marine Corps class six is out.....crap!

Last edited:
Top Bottom