What's new

And so it begins...

Hi All,
First off, thank you - I've been toying with getting away for plastic razors for ages, and the information you all have posted has helped immensly.

Second off, I blame you - I just spent 100 bucks on a Goodfella, sample pack, soap & brush ...

Third off, what is wrong with me??? It isn't even here yet (ordered last night), and I'm already looking forward to shaving ... and let's face it, it isn't something I'm known to look forward too.....ARRRRGGGGHHHH! ;)

Seriously though, I wanted the HD, but they were sold out on West Coast, and, well, that Goodfella looked so nice, and to be honest I wanted it anyway but couldn't justify the extra $$ until it was clearly absolutely necessary... well, I'm sure you all know exactly where I'm going with it. And I gather it is a typically forgiving razor, which for a guy who gets up at 5 AM and does all this while half asleep, seemed like a good choice. I'm hoping the open comb will be easy to clean, cause I clog all normal razors and kinda have to power wash them with the water stream to get them un-guked.

So, I'm hoping to be shaving properly by the weekend. Hopefully it won't be too bad - I'm old enough to at least have started on razors that don't have pivots on them - the old wilkie singles were great! - I miss them.

Take care all, and I'll let you know how it goes!
Dave

Third off, what is wrong with me??? It isn't even here yet (ordered last night), and I'm already looking forward to shaving ... and let's face it, it isn't something I'm known to look forward too.....ARRRRGGGGHHHH! ;)

Welcome.

My hypothesis is that most men are subconsciously jealous when we see the classic image of a man using a straight or a safety razor to shave, with a completely relaxed look on his face. Especially when we are harangued with images nowadays that expedience and arbitrary numbers of blades are the key to a "good shave". I felt the same way when I ordered my first kit!!

Top Bottom