What's new

Taylor's Hypoallergenic Cream

Hi all,

I was just wondering whether anyone has tried Taylor's hypoallergenic shaving cream (or just any other cream designed for sensitive or allergy-prone skins). For some reason, it remains much of an unknown. Is it any good?:confused1

And what about T&H Ultimate Confort? Similar? Different?

I'm asking this because my dermathologist once recommended a special brand of shaving foam, the kind you buy at a chemist's. And yep, you guessed it, it is canned goo:incazzato. Before doing what I regard as heresy, I wanted an opinion on this. (And yes, the doctor was a woman and knew nothing about brushes, DE razors and stuff.:a52: )

I have a tub of the Taylor's hypo-allergenic. Used it this morning, in fact. As far as I can tell it lathers as well as any other cream I've tried and doesn't irritate my face at all. (and I have pretty strong allergies. Most things don't bother me, but when something does, it bothers me A LOT.)

I bought the tub getting ready for spring, since my allergies usually act up when all the trees and grasses start dumping pollen everywhere, and I try to take it easy on my face for a few weeks. No problems from the Taylor's.

The Taylor's H-A is great, it was the first cream I tried out and it provides a nice slick lather. For a richer thicker try some of Mama Bears non-scented soap, the two combined are really nice.

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll get myself a tub one of these days. There are times when my face explodes with red spots (but no irritation, though).

Thanks again!

I haven't tried the Taylors, for anyone who has is it truly an unscented cream? I'm looking for a good base for some experimentation, and the only truly unscented cream I can find is Kiss my face unscented.

Emilius, I would definitely give the KMF unscented/sensitive skin a try. I've used it for years before, and after, I got into wetshaving. I don't have sensitive skin as far as red spots are concerned, but practically everything clogs my pores or causes ingrowns. Before I switched to a DE, this was the only stuff I could use. I believe it's made w/olive oil and its super slick, and can be used w/or w/out a brush.

I've also used T&H Ultimate comfort. It's good, is supposed to be unscented but has a lavender type smell to it. If I had a rough shave the day before, or if I don't add enough water, this stuff can feel kind of burning on my skin though. But I also get that w/a lot of other creams if I beat up my skin too much. A DE might help w/sensitive skin as well, once you get the technique down.

The first true shaving cream I tried after KMF was Proraso, and while it definitely has a very strong scent/cool menthol feeling, I had no problems using it. I just got a tube of Proraso red as well, and it's got a bit of a cool feeling to it, but not nearly as much as the green. And it's easy on the skin as well.

Just my opinions, but as they say here, ymmv

-Joshua

The Taylor's H-A has a very, very faint rose scent, but I think it's the result of the ingredients used. There is no fragrance listed in the ingredients, but the last ingredient listed is Rosa centifola - the provence rose, used to produce rose oil.

Ingredients: Aqua, stearic acid, myristic acid, potassium hydroxide, coconut acid, glycerin, allantoin, triethanolamine, sodium hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, rosa centifola.

I have recently tried the Taylors sensitive and resembled a tomato for some considerable time. Not one I would recommend.:thumbdown

I should say it works fine and doesn't irritate my skin. Nowadays I use soaps more, but still sometimes enjoy the Tayors.

I also have the T&H Ultimate Comfort. It has much more pronounced scent than Taylors and was less protective and more irritating. YMMV as usual.

Top Bottom