What's new

Wow those feathers are sharp!

First shave with a feather yesterday in my futur set at 2. Pretty much the cleanest shave I've had. Had one weeper that wasn't to bad but by 6pm I still had a smooth face, except for a few parts under the jaw line.
I did have a little irratation but nothing to bad.

This morning I wanted to shave for work but was a little worried about getting razor burn since, so I dialed the futur down to 1. The shave was ok but nowhere near as good as yesterday.

I've used the american personna blades, astra blades and now the feathers, tried the merkur blades too but I doubt I had good technique so I will have to revisit those. The astra blades give me the most comfortable shave, but I have a pretty good 5 o'clock by the end of the day.

I love the shave of the feather but I'm almost afraid to use it daily :blink:

I guess this is part of the crazy quest for the best blade that works for me, depending on how my face feels.

Yes, Feathers are sharp! Sometimes the best blade isn't the sharpest blade, depending on your technique. Some people get a closer shave with a more forgiving blade because they can be more aggressive in their strokes.

In my opinion the Feather blade is just too over the top, it's almost a novelty blade. It's like a big showy 600BHP supercar on an icy bridge. You just can't use the power at all, and a Fiat Panda is passing you. Honestly I'm with DE Shaver, give me a smoother blade and I will get a much better shave via technique.

I didn't like the Feather at first; it left me with irritation and the occasional nick or weeper. However, I went back to them after about a year of DE and it's been nothing but smooth sailing since. I can shave with them daily and never have any problems. YMMV with blades, but I found that the Feathers were excellent once I got my technique down. That took awhile, but shaving has never been better today.

Third shave on the blade this morning was really good :thumbup:

Today I set the futur to 2 and went at it!

A little irratation under the jaw but otherwise a DFS!

I think that the Feather is a very sharp blade, perhaps the sharpest of them all, but it gives me a smooth, close shave like no other blade that I've tried.
I've been wetshaving for only 2 months, and I've tried Feather blades very recently. I'm still on my learning curve. But I'm already a fan of this blade! Feathers Rock! :thumbup:

Top Bottom