What's new

It's Ju-Lime! Lime Shaving Soap Discussion Thread

Alright of-the-month fans -- welcome to Lime Time!

What lime soaps are you using this month?

proxy.php

My Trumpers Extract of Limes came this week, must say, pretty diappointed.
The fragrance is weak, and the lather isn't the best neither. Looks like I'll have to try some other brand sooner rather than later... Any suggestions?

QED Fresh Lime! Ain't nothin more strongly-scented in Lime-land. And now Charles has it back in stock! :w00t:

I've been using MB Lime-Cilantro (the Czar's Choice) and Provence Santé (stretching to include linden, aka European lime). I have some Trumper's Limes that I picked up during TESC's sale last month but for now it's in the box, waiting for me to make space.

I've been using MB Lime-Cilantro (the Czar's Choice) and Provence Santé (stretching to include linden, aka European lime). I have some Trumper's Limes that I picked up during TESC's sale last month but for now it's in the box, waiting for me to make space.

So *that's* what linden is. I've always wondered. How does it smell compared to your standard lime?

I always saw bags of lime tea when I lived in Geneva, which is how I found out. The linden (also known as basswood, in some parts of the US) isn't related to the citrus lime at all, and according to wikipedia the lime name comes from language shifts over the centuries.

The PS soap has a sort-of citrusy scent, which I am almost positive comes from the vervain (more widely known as verbena); if I didn't know better, I'd believe it came from the linden, and think of it as a cousin of the citrus lime.

So it is a stretch, somewhat, but I like the PS, and it is citrus-y, and it does have a lime in it, so . . .

So *that's* what linden is. I've always wondered. How does it smell compared to your standard lime?

My Trumpers Extract of Limes came this week, must say, pretty diappointed.
The fragrance is weak, and the lather isn't the best neither. Looks like I'll have to try some other brand sooner rather than later... Any suggestions?

Use the soap for a week where you really scrub the puck and expose new layers. Sometimes the scent fades a bit in storage and using it will get to new layers with stronger scent.

Also if you have only used glycerin soaps like QED and Mama Bear you'll find that triple milled soaps like Trumper, Harris, Taylor generally have more muted scents.

Mama Bear Spicey Lime on the soap side, and

1) GFT Extract of Limes, and
2) KMF Key Lime

on the cream side.

Occasionally, I'll superlather the MB with the KMF. Nice.:thumbup1:

Mama Bear Lime Ice. Poured it into a Seaforth! mug that was 1/4 full with the last of my Tryphon Lime. One day when I finish the MB there will be a nice treat for me at the bottom of the mug.

Abrate was a tool, but the Tryphon Lime soap was my favorite soap ever. it was like a hard version of Castle Forbes. Really nice.

On the cream side I have been trading out high-low, one day CF, one day Vulfix Lime.

R

rodeo

QED Fresh Lime! Ain't nothin more strongly-scented in Lime-land. And now Charles has it back in stock! :w00t:

I saw it only in stick form but I grabbed one of those anyway. Cant wait to try his soaps!

Use the soap for a week where you really scrub the puck and expose new layers. Sometimes the scent fades a bit in storage and using it will get to new layers with stronger scent.

Also if you have only used glycerin soaps like QED and Mama Bear you'll find that triple milled soaps like Trumper, Harris, Taylor generally have more muted scents.

Thanks. I may have been a bit hasty in my judgement, seems to be getting better scent wise. Definitly stronger.

Top Bottom