What's new

Experience with MWF......

I love MWF and have decided to make this my exclusive soap with Williams as backup. Proraso is my go to cream with Erasmic as backup to that. I decided to get rid of all my stock of ARKO. I really liked ARKO but the scent has started to permeate everything in my den. I shaved with my MWF the other night and could get a slight whiff of ARKO off of it! So off the to the BST it went.

My worry with MWF is that it is starting to crack at the bottom. I ordered my puck without the ceramic bowl. I have it resting in a small bowl with plenty of room for it slide around. It appears that the water causes it to expand and then when it dries it retains the expanded shape. Since the water evaporates it leaves the crack. Is this stuff that earthy? Is there anything I can do to keep this from happening? What gives? :huh:

Last edited:
The crack is normal, nothing you can do, other than use MWF every day (so that it doesn't dry out). It doesn't, in my experience, affect the performance or lather.

I am a diehard MWF fan too. I just had probably one of my best straight shaves ever with MWF. Every time I use it, I am reminded why I like it so much.

+1...crack will happen due to gradual drying of the soap...nothing to fret about. Put a dab of water on the soap the night before your shave and you'll be set!

I'm in the process of doing the same now. MWF and SCS are my only 2 soaps (aside from sticks, of which I have 2).

As the guys have said, the cracking is normal, unless you use it every day or at least every other day.

Maybe it's just the lanolin collecting together when exposed to moisture, and forming a barrier that allows the rest of the soap to split under expansion/contraction. Just guessing here, but mine's split, too.

I used MWF the whole month of June and haven't used it since until today. Needless to say I had and excellent shave this morning. Definitely one of my favorites. Oh and my puck cracked also. :001_smile

Royall Lyme,

I stored my MWF in a Tupperware like container that I got from a supermarket; the MWF puck fitted perfectly :001_smile

The lid has sealing ring, so the MWF never dried out or cracked.

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Last edited:
Top Bottom