What's new

GRAVEYARD thread posters

just out of curiosity,,,,you guys that post between the hours of midnight and 6 am...what are you doing up at that time??? at work? insomnia ? just like to stay up all night ?

I usually check mail/forums during the night, with one last check between 12 and 1 am. I guess you would call it insomnia. I get up for work at 5:45, but cant ever fall asleep before midnight.

I've been a policemen for 22 years now on a rotating shift of days 7am to 7pm, and nights the same only reversed...sometimes I am up at odd hours, and bored at work.

I have a 1 way commute to work of 65 mi.
I start work at 5:00
I am up at 2:30 and out the door by 3:30.
I usually relax with a coffee and scone while browsing the forum.

I work 3:30 to midnight, so my time online is usually a bit in the mornings before work, and then a couple hours when I get home.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Here in New Orleans we have a lot of night owls who just aren't daylight people. And some who don't really keep a schedule or have a varying work schedule.

The kids are grown and gone and I've always been a night person. I'm a retired vampire but more rough and leathery than sparkly and shiny. :a51:

The kids are grown and gone and I've always been a night person. I'm a retired vampire but more rough and leathery than sparkly and shiny. :a51:

I worked swing shifts,double shifts,graveyards etc etc 38 years...I thought my body would go back to normal when I retired,but that was a fantasy...I can survive on 5 hours rem per day.....it's really hard for me to sleep before 2 or 3 am...actually,most of the answers here are just what I suspected...I always start my day with tea,dry toast and the B&B in the morning...it's a great way to start the day...

Legion

Staff member
We're all hanging around in the southern hemisphere, looking at our watches and waiting for you lazy buggers to get out of bed. :lol:

I actually got confused with the thread title I thought it was about people digging up old dead threads :001_huh: Good idea though, its been educational in its own way.

I've been a policemen for 22 years now on a rotating shift of days 7am to 7pm, and nights the same only reversed...sometimes I am up at odd hours, and bored at work.

Good ole shift work. I work nights, 11p-7a EST....doing what I can to stay awake. Heck, even on my off days I don't go to bed until 11a or so...makes for a bad social life :001_rolle

so, my main points of breaking the boredom are... B&B, Fark.com, Drudge Report, Lightfighter forums, Zombie Squad forums, and Gunbroker. :tongue_sm

I've always been a night owl. Left without a reason to get up early, I'll stay up to 4 or 5 in the morning then sleep to noon.

The job doesn't particularly help, either. I have to be in by 9:30, and we're so stacked up that I don't leave until 10PM-midnight six or seven nights a week.

I usually grab a beer on the way home and relax with it and the iPhone.

Top Bottom