What's new

Visited Ray at Gentleman's Best!

proxy.php

There we are at the storefront on Center Street in Southington, CT! I'm visiting the CT River Valley from FL and figured I was too close not to drop in. My sister came along to get some more stuff for my brother-in-law to sample. Here is what I wanted to try:
proxy.php

I just tried the Musgo Real and I don't know if it's the Portuguese in me, but I could be addicted already. What a great performing cream with a subtle, unique scent! Ray has a ton more that I'll look forward to trying when I get back, including MWF, many GFT and Taylor's items, his signature line, Tabac, and many others!

He has some display cases full of vintage hardware, and some new and vintage razors for sale. Ray is super cool to talk to and it is worth the drive to see all these great products in a single shop.

Thanks Ray!

I would love to have a store like that in my area. Thanks for the pic- I hope that Ray is doing well.

I'm revisiting this thread because I finally made it home! We drove 5,340 miles in my Jeep, from FL to CT to KS and back to FL. We saw whale ships, Narragansett surf, the Gateway Arch, farmland, farmland and more farmland, the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Arthur Bryant's BBQ, more farmland, KS prairie, Ft. Riley, Old Abilene Towne, The Eisenhower Home and Center, back past the Arch, Ruby Falls and Lookout Mountain, and International Drive in Orlando before arriving home today. We passed so many places that were worth stopping to see and got glimpses of several pro sporting venues.

Anyway, my Gillette Travel Tech did well with an Astra blade throughout. I think I may have converted my brother-in-law and friend to DE shaving, but my father resists! The only other product I got to try was the Speick stick which i used this morning. I applied it directly to my stubble and loved the lather and scent. It reminds me of a light Polo scent. Great 2 pass shave. I'm looking forward to getting back to the 34C.

My counter top has gotten full with the addition of the soaps I just purchased plus the scuttle I received just before leaving. I also found a ball end tech in a USPS envelope when I got back home. I ordered it for $0.99 and shipping ($7.99 total, I think) when I was on vacation just before dozing off one night.

I doubt I'll ever drive that far for vacation again, but I visited places I never thought I'd see, including Ray's shop!

Last edited:
Congratulations on your successful trip!

Funny you should mention Arthur Bryant's BBQ, Ray has a world class BBQ joint a block away from his shop.

Smokin' with Chris

Just another reason to stop by!

Had I known, we'd have given it a try. I'm guessing it would've topped the meal we had at Friendly's on Queen Street ($9.99 burger, fries, Coke, and a two scoop, one topping Sundae)!

Top Bottom