What's new

Tell me what you think of LAB series shave cream

I think it's competitive for products in that price range. It is unscented which can be a pro or con depending on the user.
The lab series product that I really love is the razon burn relief ultra (after shave lotion).

Lab Series shaving cream usually gets a lot of negative comments here, usually for two reasons. First, and this one amuses me, because it won't whip up with a brush, or gums up a brush. Second, because it contains benzocaine, which can cause numbing or tingling.

I use Lab Series occasionally, and I like it a lot. It does what it's supposed to do. It's a brushless cream - don't even think about trying a brush with it. But spread it on with your hand with a little water, like you would a shave gel, and it works fine. As for the benzocaine, it's used in topical ointments for minor burns and such. I've occasionally noticed a little tingling on my upper lip, but others may be more sensitive to it. It doesn't keep me from feeling the blade, like others indicate.

I'm not a chemist, but have looked at the ingredients, and they appear to be good quality for your skin. That' also applies to other Lab Series products. I'd love to hear from someone more qualified in the quality of Lab Series shave cream ingredients.

For me, Lab Series is similar to Cremo Cream, but doesn't dry my skin like Cremo. It's good for travel when I want a brushless cream.

You might consider getting a sample and trying it to see if you like it. Stores that sell it are good about samples.

Top Bottom