What's new

Gillette NEW short comb...

I finally tried this head today with a Bull Mastiff handle from Bob... all I can say is WOW. I've never got such a close shave with this head. Is this considered more agressive than most open combs? I got one ot two weepers in places I typically don't, so I think it might be a bit more 'edgey'...

The short comb New head is not aggressive as other open combs go. The extra weigh of the Bull Mastiff may require a lighter touch. Try that. It's a great razor.

Len

I would agree about the weight of the handle. I don't think the head is more aggressive, just the fact that the handle has so much weight behind it. I found that putting a New Deluxe on the handle balances out nicely. It was just a little tricky finding the head. Bob does such a nice job on the handles. I am really happy with mine.

If you ask 10 people if the SC is more aggressive then the LC NEW half will say yes the other half will say no.
One thing I do know, NEW head in general are blade sensitive, for me Feather's don't work with my NEW.
I like Derby, IP and Bic.

I have a sc New and find it works well with Astra SP blades. Superb shaves with that combo. A super close second blade is a Shark SuperChrome. Great shaves with either.

Top Bottom