How Do You Take Your Whiskey?

• Neat (or with a drop or two of water)

• On the Rocks

• Mixed

• With Soda

• With Water

• Other: Please explain

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted for neat, but I guess I'm inbetween a drop or two of water and "with water"...I'd say about a teaspoonful of water (maybe a little less).

With scotch just a couple of drops of water

"Other":
I like mine "chilled".
Fill a shaker full of ice, add some whisky and go to town.
Strain and savor ! :cool:

I voted for neat. I really fall into 2 categories. When drinking Scotches such as Macallan or Highland Park I always take it neat, or with a couple drops of water. I do, however, drink whiskey mixed with soda (I mean Coke here, not soda water) quite a bit when I'm out at the bar with my friends and sometimes at home. In that case though, I'm using Johnny Walker Black or Jack Daniels. It really all depends on my mood.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I voted neat, but for non-single-malt, I can go rocks, water or soda, or a rusty nail.

Neat or, if required, with a few drops of water, drunk from a real whisky-glass - the Glencairn :thumbup1:

Drinking it on the rocks or from a tumbler kills the flavour :scared:

I have never tried scotch straight before. I'm thinking about giving it a try this weekend. What brand, water, ice, soda mixture would you recommend for a first timer?

Be advised that i have never really "sipped" on booze before. :lol:

I have never tried scotch straight before. I'm thinking about giving it a try this weekend. What brand, water, ice, soda mixture would you recommend for a first timer?

Be advised that i have never really "sipped" on booze before. :lol:

Glenlivet 12 is what I recommend...there are some more threads in the Speakeasy related. Very good bang for your buck...and user friendly. Doesn't have huge flavors like the Islay's that you may or may not appreciate...or like for that matter.

Glenlivet 12 is what I recommend...there are some more threads in the Speakeasy related. Very good bang for your buck...and user friendly. Doesn't have huge flavors like the Islay's that you may or may not appreciate...or like for that matter.

That stuff is like $30-$40. Do they offer it in a pint? I don't want to pay that much for something i may or may not like. You know? :confused1

Also what is the most popular too drink? Whisky, Brandy.. etc?

That stuff is like $30-$40. Do they offer it in a pint? I don't want to pay that much for something i may or may not like. You know? :confused1

I can get it at Bevmo for $22 to $24...another option would be the smaller 50 ml bottles which run $5.99. You could always try different things at a Bar or Restaurant.

I can get it at Bevmo for $22 to $24...another option would be the smaller 50 ml bottles which run $5.99. You could always try different things at a Bar or Restaurant.

Thanks for the help!

Also what is the most popular too drink? Whisky, Brandy.. etc?

You're in the great city of Cleveland... shot and a beer

Go with a shot of Jack black and follow it with a beer chaser.

Top Bottom