What's new

Hot Towel

I have been trying to use a hot towel as part of my pre-shave prep. Just wondering if anyone has a picture of how to wrap the hot towel on the face.

Thanks!

HA!

I tried to do this for the first time this morning in the shower while I shaved, and I too wondered how to pull this off..

I got a large-ish hand towel and soaked it in warm water. Then I folded it in 1/2 and wrapped it under my nose and around the back of my head (ninja mask style).

I then clipped it tight in the back with an office style alligator binder clip and voila!

Wet, warm, heavy read ninja mask! :thumbup1:

I tried the towel once. Not sure how long I should have put it on for, but it felt like forever, felt awkward, and it got cold. Not sure I did it right.

I use a washcloth and just hold it in place with my hands. Yeah my hands get a little warm, but that makes them warm for applying my preshave oil.

I hold a "hot as I can stand" washcloth on my face with my hands and rest my elbows on the counter top. I then pass the time thinking about what is ahead of me that day. I reheat the washcloth a time or two depending on my time constraints.

If I am shaving after a shower, I will leave my face wet and go straight to the lather. :thumbup1:

I have been trying to use a hot towel as part of my pre-shave prep. Just wondering if anyone has a picture of how to wrap the hot towel on the face.

Thanks!

I will try to get you a picture. Basically, you get someone else to do this for you, just leaving your nose sticking out. After that the other mob busts in and riddles you with bullets from a Tommy Gun.

The picture in post #4 is how my barber does it. I find it awkward to do at home, though, because while its relaxing, you can't do anything else with the towel on your face. As well, the towel gets cold quickly, and has to be refreshed.

When i get out the shower i'm pretty much ready to go. But i like to lather my face and throw a hot towel on anyways. I don't have the long gym towel kinds, so i gotta use a small face towel. Little difficult breathing through a wet towel but for 20 seconds i can manage.

There's more than one way to do this...
Here's my solution; make sure you use a clean pair. (Don't ask :scared:)
proxy.php
proxy.php

I'm really not sure what image disturbs me more.... :lol:

Top Bottom