What's new

Deodorant/ Anti Perspirant question

First, Welcome to B&B!

If I understand the question correctly, you're asking if it's ok to use an aftershave of one scent and deodorant/antiperspirant of a different scent. I do that every day, to no ill effect. If you're asking whether you can use AS in concert with and as part of the daily deodorizing process, I don't know, I've never tried.

First, Welcome to B&B!

If I understand the question correctly, you're asking if it's ok to use an aftershave of one scent and deodorant/antiperspirant of a different scent. I do that every day, to no ill effect. If you're asking whether you can use AS in concert with and as part of the daily deodorizing process, I don't know, I've never tried.

Yeah, I'm worried about the mix of scents.

Am I right in thinking the scents in, body washes/ shower gels, shampoo, shaving gel, deodorants, anti antiperspirants etc, only last a few mins?

I don't want to smell over the top with after shave and all the scents of everything else I've been using basically.

I've noticed that a lot of men's deodorant sticks in the last several years have become extremely fragrant, and will last quite a while. Personally, I use lightly scented, or fragrance free, antiperspirants because of the clash. Besides, deodorant sticks usually don't smell very classy or nuanced; more like cheap and blunt.

Most massmarket deodorants/ap's leave a lingering fragrance that seems to re-appear at odd times all day. I've started using the Trader Joe's unscented deodorant to avoid that problem.

Is it acceptable to mix deodorants with after shaves?

no, it always tastes "off", and leaves bits of deodorant stuck in your teeth...

wait...

I've never noticed any problem. I use Old Spice deo mainly, sometimes Degree or Tom's of Maine (unscented), and have never noticed any "cross-scenting". The scent of my deodorant is gone in just a few minutes, but then, so is the AS much of the time.

Thanks,

I'm getting colognes mixed up with aftershave.

I just don't want all the scents clashing with my cologne, and sometimes find it hard to indicate if it is.

Thanks,

I'm getting colognes mixed up with aftershave.

I just don't want all the scents clashing with my cologne, and sometimes find it hard to indicate if it is.

Just make it easy on yourself and buy either unscented or crystal deodorant. Most of the scented mass-market stuff is frankly not worth mucking around with. I did for many years, and am very glad I've switched. An alum/crystal block deodorant is all I need.

Use Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant, or if you want unscented antiperspirant, use your alum block. You won't stink for days.

these days i'm using OS arctic deodorant, and i switch up my AS pretty often, and so far i haven't detected a clash of scents.

I prefer mitchum unscented.

DRYSOL on the other hand burns two layers of skin off. You only need to use it once every two weeks.
Only sold in Canada.

Depends on the deodorant and the aftershave. It's possible that they could clash. I avoid that problem by using an alum block and an alcohol splash (bay rum, usually) as both aftershave and deodorant. Works like a charm.

I'm certainly in the unscented pitwax/scented shave soap or A/S camp. Fragrances can really bother my sinuses. My current favorite scheme is unscented antiperspirant and Speick shave stick. Just the shave stick alone leaves enough scent on me for the wife to like (she has to lean in close to smell it, so she's the only one who knows it's there), but not so much that I can really tell.

Top Bottom