What's new

Super-Max Platinum, any advice?

I shave with the SuperMax Stainless Steel or at least it's something I'm trying out for the past couple of weeks. It's quite serviceable and gives me a shave similar in quality to a Super+ Platinum (IP), which is a nice blade. Although I haven't shaved with the platinum version, it's considered by SuperMax a better blade overall, meaning it will give you quality shaves. Considering its price, I say you'll find them to be a good shave.

I found them to be serviceable. I've used better, but I've also used far, far worse blades. They are leaps and bounds above the Vidyut Super-Max Stainless, which was the worst current production blade I've ever loaded into one of my razors. Only made it one stroke and binned the blade.:blink: I'm still trying to talk myself into trying another one, thinking maybe I just got one dud blade. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.:001_rolle

Of course, YMMV and all that jazz!:001_smile

I found them to be serviceable. I've used better, but I've also used far, far worse blades. They are leaps and bounds above the Vidyut Super-Max Stainless, which was the worst current production blade I've ever loaded into one of my razors. Only made it one stroke and binned the blade.:blink: I'm still trying to talk myself into trying another one, thinking maybe I just got one dud blade. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.:001_rolle

Of course, YMMV and all that jazz!:001_smile

You obviously haven't touched the lower end Topaz, Lazer and Zorrik blades I assume. Super-Max Stainless is shaving Nirvana compared to them.

You obviously haven't touched the lower end Topaz, Lazer and Zorrik blades I assume. Super-Max Stainless is shaving Nirvana compared to them.

I have tried all of those, and even Vijay saloon too :laugh: they were not that bad imo, but SuperMax SS is a decent blade.

I have tried all of those, and even Vijay saloon too :laugh: they were not that bad imo, but SuperMax SS is a decent blade.

As a matter of fact, all these are good blades with one purpose. They are used by barber shops to clean up after a haircut for activities like sideburns trimming or cleaning up hair around the back of the neck etc. So these are not intended to be face shaving blades. Since they are single use blades in a shavette, hence their quality. The SuperMax Stainless is however the standard shave blade sold in most stores even in Mumbai.

I like the SuperMax Platinums quite a bit. They're worth a try for you at $1 a pack. If you really like them, you can get them much cheaper in bulk.

Top Bottom