What's new

For all you pizza cooks

http://www.pizzamaking.com/

Nice forum to get some great recipes. I've tried a few so far and they are pretty good.

I just made the DKM deep dish(it's on the recipe button) again tonight. My wife and I love it, my daughter however (4yrs), she complains the pepperonis are in the wrong spot.:rolleyes:

Pepperoni's are incredibly important.. you have to make a smilie face with them. if you give the face hair, you have to make sure there is someone you love with curly hair there )that you can blame for the 'rollers' or 'curls'

Best to stick with sausage...

Shawnee Mills makes an awesome just add water pizza crust.. then I go for the contadina pizza squeeze. I have italian sausage I keep precooked and that goes on in layers with the sauce and cheese and veggies (hit the salad bar at the grocery store.. you can pick up shrooms, green peppers, roasted red peppers, sliced tomato and garlic... and olives and just toss it all in) cover again with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.. yum yum yum...

Pepperoni's are incredibly important.. you have to make a smilie face with them. if you give the face hair, you have to make sure there is someone you love with curly hair there )that you can blame for the 'rollers' or 'curls'

Shawnee Mills makes an awesome just add water pizza crust.. then I go for the contadina pizza squeeze. I have italian sausage I keep precooked and that goes on in layers with the sauce and cheese and veggies (hit the salad bar at the grocery store.. you can pick up shrooms, green peppers, roasted red peppers, sliced tomato and garlic... and olives and just toss it all in) cover again with cheese and bake for 15 minutes.. yum yum yum...
Show off! :badger:

Show off! :badger:

For some reason everytime I show my pizza.. this is the reaction that I get.

But do I call you a show off when I am drooling over your grill photographs? No, Jim, I simply drool all over the keyboard.. is it any wonder the o and the l keys no longer work...

and when you do your jerk chicken... or you beautiful salads... and I am not even going to say a word about the homemade chicken soup that hundreds of us craved for months as winter was setting in.... not a word...

I am on a personal hunt for a gentlemen who likes pizza...loves pizza so much that he will not mind having it 6 nights a week... it's all I can cook.

and you call me a show off.... where's the pic of the salmon and the chicken that were sharing that same grill.. I have woken up at 3AM with that picture in my mind drooling.... and you call me a show off....

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... :biggrin: :001_wub:

I am on that forum...I have been making pizzas for a very long time..long enough that I bought a ceramic grill ( Big Green Egg) just to cook pizzas on!

I use several different recipes but my fav is when I use my 50+ year old starter! Gives the dought a slight twang.

I am on that forum...I have been making pizzas for a very long time..long enough that I bought a ceramic grill ( Big Green Egg) just to cook pizzas on!

I use several different recipes but my fav is when I use my 50+ year old starter! Gives the dought a slight twang.

I'm new to that forum, but are there any NY style recipes you suggest? I've tried one, it was ok. Sometimes all the baker %'s just bore the hell out of me and I go through the thread much too quickly.

My best success has been with the chicago style, mainly because the equipment and process is very simple. I will say though that by experimenting with them, I have a much greater understanding of dough making. I plan on trying sicilian style within the week.

M

modern man

Sue,

You mean to tell me you can't find a man that is willing to eat pizza and drink homemade beer for the rest of his life? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Egged pizzas are fantastic. It's amazing what they can do to something as mundane as a frozen pizza. A BGE is the next best thing to a true wood fired brick oven. I don't know about using a BGE for pizzas only, that's just not right.:smile:

Here's an interesting page is you're a pizza perfectionist. Link

Egged pizzas are fantastic. It's amazing what they can do to something as mundane as a frozen pizza. A BGE is the next best thing to a true wood fired brick oven. I don't know about using a BGE for pizzas only, that's just not right.:smile:

Here's an interesting page is you're a pizza perfectionist. Link

After getting the egg...I have gotten really good at pulled pork...ribs...

grilled shrimp...

Oh ...I have my own cattle...and the steaks are great!!!!...

The BGE is well worth the money and I cooked 40lbs of pulled pork last week...They cooked for 26.5 hours...

Man was that good eats..!

I'm new to that forum, but are there any NY style recipes you suggest? I've tried one, it was ok. Sometimes all the baker %'s just bore the hell out of me and I go through the thread much too quickly.

My best success has been with the chicago style, mainly because the equipment and process is very simple. I will say though that by experimenting with them, I have a much greater understanding of dough making. I plan on trying sicilian style within the week.

If you really want a great NY style pizza you need a scale...I use a MyWeigh..

The problem is most people don't understand that flour will take on moisture depending on the humidity in the air..

Take a cup of flour every day for a year and you will be surprised how much difference in the weight of each cup..(I actually did this)

If you want a great roadmap to NY style pizza then follow the link

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,1453.0.html

NY style isn't easy and requires you to know what you are doing....

So if you are looking for something that is easy...then go to your local pizza place and just buy the dough from them...

Easy as pie..

Sue, what's that your pizza is sitting in? I haven't done much in the way of pizza but your pizza looked very nice. I do need to pick up a nice pizza stone someplace.

For some reason everytime I show my pizza.. this is the reaction that I get.

But do I call you a show off when I am drooling over your grill photographs? No, Jim, I simply drool all over the keyboard.. is it any wonder the o and the l keys no longer work...

and when you do your jerk chicken... or you beautiful salads... and I am not even going to say a word about the homemade chicken soup that hundreds of us craved for months as winter was setting in.... not a word...

I am on a personal hunt for a gentlemen who likes pizza...loves pizza so much that he will not mind having it 6 nights a week... it's all I can cook.

and you call me a show off.... where's the pic of the salmon and the chicken that were sharing that same grill.. I have woken up at 3AM with that picture in my mind drooling.... and you call me a show off....

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... :biggrin: :001_wub:

Well I have Pizza parties...it is nothing for me to cook 30 pizzas in a night..everything from just basil, toms and cheese..

Shrimp, spicy Chicken in a peanut sauce...

Oh..did I mention I make my own mozzarella cheese!!!:001_tt2:

After getting the egg...I have gotten really good at pulled pork...ribs...

grilled shrimp...

Oh ...I have my own cattle...and the steaks are great!!!!...

The BGE is well worth the money and I cooked 40lbs of pulled pork last week...They cooked for 26.5 hours...

Man was that good eats..!

Pulled pork is my favorite. Mine usually go for 18-20 hours, plus a few in a cooler (wamer?) wrapped in foil and towels. Don't forget chili, duck, tuna, the list goes on. Joel has, or at least used to have one. In fact, my first introduction to him was years ago, maybe 2001, on the BGE forum.

Pulled pork is my favorite. Mine usually go for 18-20 hours, plus a few in a cooler (wamer?) wrapped in foil and towels. Don't forget chili, duck, tuna, the list goes on. Joel has, or at least used to have one. In fact, my first introduction to him was years ago, maybe 2001, on the BGE forum.

One of my favorite things on an egg...is chicken wings...man are they good...

I also bake alot of bread..
proxy.php

OH and ribs

proxy.php

Everyone loves my home made salami..I probably make 100 lbs a year..

proxy.php

But I still really love the wings...

proxy.php

Top Bottom