What's new

I want something to FREEZE my face

Ok so here's what I've played with...I have some Skin Food which obviously isn't going to give you that cooling effect, tried some Nivia stuff, recently picked up some Real Shave Co Cooling Balm and Azzaro Skinforce which is a weird one for me as when I applied it to the top of my hand in the store, I felt some cooling but nothing on my face. I've also tried Proraso which does have some kick to it...but what I want is something that when I slap it on, my face turns to ice...if possible. I'm not sure if any of you have tried using peppermint shampoo or conditioner...I'm looking for that effect. If it possible and if so, from what?

Stephan's Alpine Menthol aftershave. It has peppermint oil in it and is even more cooling that Osage rub IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Easy-to-find and cheap options: Barbasol Pacific Rush aftershave, available at your local Dollar General, and other brick & mortar stores, and Aqua Velva, perhaps the most available American AS. Both will get a good freeze going, but not quite as much as...

Osage Rub - it's the coldest thing I've ever put on my face. Harder to find, but try your local barber supply houses or online.

All of these can be had for less than $10 a bottle (and in the case of Barbasol PR, for about $1.69!)

+1 on Osage Rub. Also, if you want a balm you may want to try Gillette Fusion Pro Series Intense Cooling Lotion. Review Here.

I think I'm going to try that Osage stuff. The Gillette stuff I almost just want to try, but it's a Gillette product which I don't expect much from. Has anyone tried it?

S

stubble trouble

the only time i've ever had that shampoo sensation in my whisker follicles was with proraso shave soap (green). This is different than the alcohol evaporation cooling sensation. Its gotta have menthol,eucalyptis, or peppermint oil in it to have that follicular cooling sensation. Also, a balm would be more given to this effect than a splash / tincture, IMHO.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Dr. Bronner's peppermint is a fine thing to use in the shower. . . Proraso or Mama Bear's Awakenings . . . for a shave . . . followed by Osage rub . . . I wish the cool could last longer than it does. I wish you success.

My favorite method for a "freeze your face" shave:

-Proraso pre/post as a pre-shave
-My Time Bath and Body Menthol Shaving Cream (Menthol Level "10")
-Cold water splash
-Osage Rub

Top Bottom