What's new

Help selecting soap stick

If you had to select only one soap stick which would you select?
Palmolive
Arko
Speick
Other(please specify)

Palmolive is best bang for buck, but smells a bit "boring", not as nice as the cream.

I'd have to say... Valobra! :001_smile

John

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
These are all good! The Arko smell is not that bad, just open up the stick, and after a few days the lemony smell is gone.

If you had to select only one soap stick which would you select?
Palmolive
Arko
Speick
Other(please specify)

Arko reeks to high heaven (often compared to a urinal puck), but is an excellent performer. But, for something that smells nice (classic/soapy) and which is an excellent performer, I'd go with Erasmic tallow formula.

Tallow-based Erasmic sticks are either NOS or newest stock as Erasmic reformulated recently to a non-tallow formula which worked very poorly and then re-re-formulated back to tallow.

edit: adding a +1 for Valobra stick which I forgot about, but love.

Last edited:
My travel soap stick is Pine&Cedarwood by Charles at QED. Its the only soap stick I own and I love it.

1. Irisch Moos
  2. Speick

Depends on what you want to spend.

+3, I've just shaved with Irisch Moos and it's easy to work with and works great. Because the stick is bigger it's easier to work it into the beard too. Performance wise it's hard for me to pick which one is better, I would have to use it few times more to decide, but they are close.

Also I would add La Toja, it smells like dark chocolate :w00t:

Thank you for all your post, I guess I have a few more to read about it.
Decisions decisions

Everyone mentioned here is a good performer. I think you will be happy with any of these you choose.

My personal favorites would be:
Moos
Arko
Palmolive
Valobra
Tabac

Not in order of preference. I want to try the Erasmic with Tallow.:001_smile

QED Bathtub Gin (only available in stick form) is an amazing scent. Irisch Moos is a no-brainer, as well.

Top Bottom