What's new

Question on Boxer Briefs

Hey Guys,
I'm in search for some new boxer briefs. The ones that I've had now (Ralph Lauren) by the end of the day are stretched out at the bottom of the thighs and start riding up. I'm looking for a new pair that remain stretchy all day and not become stretched out.

Any one have any suggestions?

stay away from the cottons.

Look to poly blends and those with some degree of spandex/lycra content if you are looking for shape retention.

Personally, I have moved to the trunk cut. Essentially a boxer brief with a short leg. I wear Calvins and Perry Ellis in a trunk cut and have no issues with stretching

Last edited:
I've been happier with Nautica boxer briefs than Calvins or Ralph Lauren. They seem thicker, more comfortable and keep their shape.

Jockey Mid-way Briefs, cotton/spandex, mid-thigh no ride up or leg stretch. $19.50 for a 2-pak at Kohl's.

Mike

I would recommend Unico. They are on the expensive side for sure but I tried a lot of different types until I found these. You can find them online at a few different places including www.undergear.com. They keep their shape and are super comfortable.

For boxers that last all day long and are super comfortable, I have become quite fond of Patagonia's Patagonia Men's Active Classic Boxers. Sure, they're $32 each, but on the other hand I've had my current crop of boxers for 3-6 years. They're recycled polyester and wick away moisture. If you watch web specials or are close to a Patagonia outlet, you can get the unpopular patterns for cheaper.

I would recommend Unico. They are on the expensive side for sure but I tried a lot of different types until I found these. You can find them online at a few different places including www.undergear.com. They keep their shape and are super comfortable.

I have a pair of the Unico, I like them, they are pretty comfortable and I would get more. I currently have mostly Hanes stuff and I don't think they stretch out too much during the day, and I have pretty large legs.

I have been wearing Ex Officio boxer briefs for the last couple of months after going through several different brands. My wife bought a pair of Ex Officio at REI on clearance and loved them, so I gave the brand a try. I love them. I searched and found them on sale at Campmor for 15.00 each. They are holding up great and are the most comfortable things I've worn. Like the Patagonia and I'm sure other brands, they wick moisture and are quick drying, so they are great to travel with. It is a give and take. A little more money initially, but I hope not to have to buy any more for a while.

BVD boxer briefs all the way. The hanes, FotL, and Champion all stretch too much throughout the day. The Target brand C9 mesh are pretty nice, too. Don't stretch out and are very breathable for hot days/high activity levels.

I have been wearing Ex Officio boxer briefs for the last couple of months after going through several different brands. My wife bought a pair of Ex Officio at REI on clearance and loved them, so I gave the brand a try. I love them. I searched and found them on sale at Campmor for 15.00 each. They are holding up great and are the most comfortable things I've worn. Like the Patagonia and I'm sure other brands, they wick moisture and are quick drying, so they are great to travel with. It is a give and take. A little more money initially, but I hope not to have to buy any more for a while.

I've been wearing Ex Officio for years now. They really last a long time and don't stretch out. I buy a couple of new pairs every year and rotate out the old ones if necessary. I would say that 1 pair can easily last 3+ years if worn in a rotation.

Now to the real reason I wear Ex Officio boxer briefs. Ex Officio make really comfortable underwear. The only other brand I have in rotation are REI brand boxer briefs.

I've been wearing Ex Officio for years now. They really last a long time and don't stretch out. I buy a couple of new pairs every year and rotate out the old ones if necessary. I would say that 1 pair can easily last 3+ years if worn in a rotation.

Now to the real reason I wear Ex Officio boxer briefs. Ex Officio make really comfortable underwear. The only other brand I have in rotation are REI brand boxer briefs.

I'm wearing Ex Officio right now. I bought them for backpacking, so I could wash them while in the woods and only take one pair. Seems silly to just wear them 10-20 times a year, so I wear them when I'm not backpacking, too. They are expensive, but they are comfortable.

I have Patagonia Capilene, too. They are also spendy, but both are comfortable.

Top Bottom