What's new

Look at what my dad hung on to....

I sent my dad some soaps, creams, a brush, mug, and a Tech for Father's Day. He loves his Fusion cartridges, though, but maybe he'll try some of the latherables. He's used nothing but Gillette Foamy and carts in my lifetime.

Anyway, I'm visiting him in CT from FL, and today he said, "I think I have an old Gillette razor in my drawer. It has a black handle. And I've never used it. And it's still in the package."

proxy.php

proxy.php

Unreal!

Too cool. And such an interesting take on old razors vs. new. I can't imagine anyone finding a Fusion in their dad's drawer in 20 years.

Jeesh. $1.29

Last edited:
That's great! I'd be tempted to break it out and give her a shave, but you should keep it intact. There can't be many left in their original packaging. Maybe it'll end up in a museum some day.

That's great! I'd be tempted to break it out and give her a shave, but you should keep it intact. There can't be many left in their original packaging. Maybe it'll end up in a museum some day.
+1 ... don't break the packaging.

The shave you get from it won't be any different from the many other shaver-grade Gillettes you can find. But once you break the seal, it will never be NOS again.

Very interesting. Do you plan to use it, keep it or sell it?

It is my dad's! He's going to hang onto it. I would be so tempted to use it, but this razor should be kept in the package, I think. I'm also tempted to open the package just to get a look at the date code!

After finding B&B and the whole DE shaving scene just a few months ago, and knowing his shaving history, it just surprised the heck out of me that he has a new Black Super Speed razor sitting in his dresser drawer!

There are 2 available on eBay now as NOS and the packaging seems to be less faded. I'll be interested to see how much they fetch. Someone must have a bunch in a box. Last year of manufacture was 1986?

Top Bottom