What's new

Weird experience with tube of Taylor of Old Bond Street Shaving Shop cream

I had a previously used tube in my cabinet that I hadn't used for a while - maybe 4 months or so. I opened it up this morning to smell it before using it and the scent wasn't too strong. I re-capped it and as I finished tightening it, the top of the tube (with the threads) just clean snapped off. :blink:

I didn't exactly tighten it super hard and no I don't have superhuman strength :001_huh:

It then got weirder. I tried to squeeze out a little of the cream but I saw it had separated - it was soapy liquid then lumpy cream. Yuck. :angry:

I was disgusted and just threw it away. I'm not a huge fan of TOBS creams, but I think they're OK (I prefer Geo. F. Trumper's stuff) - after this, I think it's the last TOBS cream I'll buy.

The tube wasn't that old. I'd bought it maybe six months ago (new from an online vendor). Maybe the seller had it in stock for a really long time? I'd used it before and it was fine.:thumbdown

Well they don't put parabens(preservatives) in it. Probably that's why they don't last as much as others.
Sorry to hear it went bad..

I do have a tub that got a little bit of a "cust" on top at one point, but I stirred it and it was fine. Works every bit as well as always. Probably harder to resolve that issue in a tube, but perhaps squeezing it out into a bowl and stirring it would have solved it.

I had a similar problem with a tube in the past where the top popped off a tube of TOM's. Your problems sound suspiciously similar to when TOM's creams get older. I bet that had you just remixed the concoction it would have been fine.

I had a tube for probably 1 month. Sold it on BST, and as I was making sure the cap was on securely, before I packed it, the threaded part popped off. Not tightening it HARD you understand, just snug. The gent I was sending it to said his did the same thing :mad3:

Top Bottom