What's new

I just went on a mad Avon AS buying spree... only to find there's no interest in them

I got five bottles, completely (well... 90-100%) full, with original boxes. I bought three different pipes, and Abraham Lincoln edition, and a bottle of Tribute.

Is there really no love for these cool old aftershaves? I intended to unload a few on the B/S/T, but it certainly won't hurt my feelings to keep them for myself. They're super cool.

I got five bottles, completely (well... 90-100%) full, with original boxes. I bought three different pipes, and Abraham Lincoln edition, and a bottle of Tribute.

Is there really no love for these cool old aftershaves? I intended to unload a few on the B/S/T, but it certainly won't hurt my feelings to keep them for myself. They're super cool.

Funny, I saw a bottle of Tribute AS in a local antique shop and I passed it by today.

I do regularly use one of the modern ASB's from Avon. It's a scent called Noir from Christian Lacroix. My girlfriend and I agree that it smells good. I own the EDT as well.

I've noticed a little increased buzz about the Avon stuff in the forum.

This is your chance to be a trendsetter, go for it! :thumbup:

Here are some pics of what I was able to grab. The boxes are on my kitchen table as they could use a bit of dusting.

Yep. Both of the small pipes are Spicy.

I can't speak for the Old Spice comparison because... well, I haven't smelled it since I was a kid.

If you like those pipes, you'd dig their big ivory Bulldog pipe. Corny, but neat.

I'm guessing that Lincoln had Tai Winds?

BTW - always double check those pipes when you see them...Avon sometimes put their lovely, lovely Island Lime into them.

The Lincoln has Leather. It's pretty nice, but Tribute may be my absolute favorite from these. The meerschaum has Deep Woods, by the way.

The Lincoln has Leather.

That's the one I've found to be the most variable after all these years. However, it lends itself nicely to additives if you want to experiment with it (f'rinstance, a bit of musk changes the tone nicely, imo, as does something piney).

I always loved the vintage Avon AS. They remind me of my dad, as he used to wear most of them when I was little (they probably stopped producing them when I was 6 or 7 at latest, but he was stocked up on them for a while). Most of what I come across in this area are the Wild Country bottles that still have anything in them. The rest are empties.

I always loved the vintage Avon AS. They remind me of my dad, as he used to wear most of them when I was little (they probably stopped producing them when I was 6 or 7 at latest, but he was stocked up on them for a while). Most of what I come across in this area are the Wild Country bottles that still have anything in them. The rest are empties.

Well, I've got two of the pipes on the B/S/T if you're interested. They're both Avon Spicy. And yeah, these don't remind me of my dad, but they remind me of my grandpa. That's why I bought five but I'm only selling two.

If I remember rightly you could order their collectors bottles with any of their aftershaves in. I remember my oldest brother was a big fan of Clint and he got quite a few of their chess pieces all with Clint aftershave in.

proxy.php

Hmmm...the ball is getting clear...

I see a cult of Avon aftershave mania sweeping B&B, much to the dismay of the cologne forum set...Ebay prices start to creep up, and pretty soon you'll see posts like "Sure, that's a nice Single Ring, but I notice in that photo you've got no novelty decanters, something wrong?" Demand skyrockets...

Avon will re-issue a limited edition of decanters shaped like DonOhio, Sandmountainslim and _MementoMori_, but the whole thing will collapse like a house of cards when it's revealed that profiteers are filling empty decanters with Lilac Vegetal and Ivy Club and passing them of as NIB examples of Thai Winds and Spicy...the ball is clouding up again...

Top Bottom