What's new

Multiple brush stands?

Has anyone come across any multiple brush stands? I am thinking just a stand that holds maybe 2 brushes and a razor or two? My search came up empty

Has anyone come across any multiple brush stands? I am thinking just a stand that holds maybe 2 brushes and a razor or two? My search came up empty
check out BOBSRAZORWORKS.COM ...he has two such stands..wall mounted I believe. Also some people use Pipe Racks (smoking kind) and Bath items at Bed and Bath (usually used for toothbrushes etc) Another way is to fasten Eye Bolts to wood and make your own or just drill holes in some drift wood ...you can do it I know..other wise $$$$$$$$$$

Multiple shaving brush stands: Do you need them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have eight brushes in rotation and not enough stands for them. I was also running out of room and my shaving area was cluttered up. I was trying to figure out a way to make more room and create a less cluttered display for my creams, mugs and brushes.

Since the creams/mugs take up the most room, last week I went into a antique mall to look around for a wall mounted, mug rack to display my seven shaving cream containers and mugs. I did not find a mug display rack, but I did find a two shelve, wall mounted, spice rack for $6. I determined that it would hold 12 shaving brushes. Room for growth!

Now I only need one brush drying stand in my shaving area. The brush that I used that morning goes into the stand until it is dry enough to go back to storage in the spice rack the following day. Then I select my next brush for use in the rotation. The spice rack, with it's multi colored brushes looks great on the wall.

Now I need to find a two or three shelf mug rack.

I was at a yard sale last weekend and found a three tier spice rack for $1.00. I now have room to store my spare razors. I plan to make wooden blocks about 13 3/8 X 1 3/4 X 1 1/8 inches to fit several tiers. I will drill about 1/2 inch holes evenly spaced to stand up my spare razers in the holes. I have not measured how many will fit yet, but I think about five to six per shelf.

I have not found a mug shelf yet!

Last edited:
+ 1 on a SSilcox Stand :thumbup1:

If he hasn't got what you want as a "standard" design, he'll work with you to make a custom stand too !!! :biggrin1:

Multiple shaving brush stands: Do you need them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have eight brushes in rotation and not enough stands for them. I was also running out of room and my shaving area was cluttered up. I was trying to figure out a way to make more room and create a less cluttered display for my creams, mugs and brushes.

Since the creams/mugs take up the most room, last week I went into a antique mall to look around for a wall mounted, mug rack to display my seven shaving cream containers and mugs. I did not find a mug display rack, but I did find a two shelve spice rack for $6. I determined that it would hold 12 shaving brushes. Room for growth!

Now I only need one brush drying stand in my shaving area. The brush that I used that morning goes into the stand until it is dry enough to go back to storage in the spice rack the following day. Then I select my next brush for use in the rotation. The spice rack, with it's multi colored brushes looks great on the wall.

Now I need to find a two or three shelf mug rack.

I was at a yard sale last weekend and found a three tier spice rack for $1.00. I now have room to store my spare razors. I plan to make wooden blocks about 13 3/8 X 1 3/4 X 1 1/8 inches to fit several tiers. I will drill about 1/2 inch holes evenly spaced to stand up my spare razers in the holes. I have not measured how many will fit yet, but I think about five to six per shelf.

I have not found a mug shelf yet!

I sure would like to see a photo of your new display. I might follow your lead on that. Thanks.

This is on a larger scale, but this is the best set-up I've seen:
proxy.php

The thread is on another forum: http://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/miscellaneous-shaving-equipment/50656-new-shave-den.html

For both straight and double edge razors I use pipe holders. For my brushes, Stubblefree made some custom brush stands out of coconut shells and I am very happy with them.

Top Bottom