What's new

Lab Series Razor Burn Relief Ultra as aftershave balm

I have been using this for years as it is some help with my red, dry and irritated skin after shaving. Is there anything comparable or better to use? Is anyone else familiar with this product? I need something for sensitive skin. Thanks.

I tried the Ultra some time ago and found it be OK - but very expensive. I now use Neutrogena Triple Protect Face Lotion, SPF 20, for 1/5 the price of Lab. I think it does a good job.

I don't have dry skin but my skin is very sensitive. This is what I currently do for an irritation free shave (plus the usual mantra about no pressure, blade angle, preparation)

When I prepare my super lather I add a few jobs of glycerin or KY or similar oil to the mixture. This allows the razor to glide over my face. After I shave I soak my face in cold water and follow it with a splash of Thayers' Rose Petal witch hazel. Almost immediately I feel relief. After a few minutes I follow it up with Neutrogena Triple Protect . Later in the day or at night I apply a skin moisturizer. The one I use contains Hyaluronic Acid which holds 1,000X its weight in water and is very soothing. The product I use is expensive but lasts a very long time. However, I am sure other moisturizers would work also. The moisturizer can be applied immediately after the WH instead of the balm.

Top Bottom