What's new

Can't stay away,,,

I haven't been able to spend much time lately on my lathe but I couldn't stay away any longer. I had to make something. I needed to play.
These three are from my own stock pushing the butterscotch towards the caramel end of the scale.
They are based on traditional styles as you'll recognize the Chubby as well as the Rooney Victorian Heritage where I lowered the rings for a bit of grip. And the one on the left is starting to head towards a Persian Vase,,with a bit of Heritage thrown in .
They are all fitted with 24mm knots. The Chubby and the Persian (ish) are the Silvertip extra hair, and the Rooney style is fitted with the UK extra silvertip.
I've really been enjoying these knots as they give the backbone to both bowl or face lather. It took a bit of trial and error to find the best depth but I think these do it ,,, for me anyway. Luxury ( and no, not floppy) like this on a daily basis can spoil you quickly. These are now my go to brushes. Nothing like a little extra hair.
The one on the left as you can see has bloomed in comparison to the same knot in the Chubby.

WOW!

Once again I am totally in awe of the work you do on your brushes.

I really like the one on the left, very classy.

Top Bottom