What's new

Double bladed double edge razor

Haven't seen one of these before. Looks like it loads 2 DE blades. Anyone ever used one of these?

proxy.php
proxy.php

Looks like a cartridge razor shaped like a classic DE razor....

I agree, it doesn't use double edge blades at all. The blades are simply held in a cartridge that is meant to mimic the head design of a double edge razor.

Just an FYI, Schick did in fact sell twin double edge blades (one stacked on top of the other) in an attempt to compete with the then new Gillette Trac II.

These were known as the Schick 2002 (see review here). They also made Twin blades for their Injector line.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I agree, it doesn't use double edge blades at all. The blades are simply held in a cartridge that is meant to mimic the head design of a double edge razor.

Just an FYI, Schick did in fact sell twin double edge blades (one stacked on top of the other) in an attempt to compete with the then new Gillette Trac II.

These were known as the Schick 2002 (see review here). They also made Twin blades for their Injector line.

Schick also sold a twin blade Single Edge design that fit in a standard Injector.

Schick also sold a twin blade Single Edge design that fit in a standard Injector.

I have one of the Twin Injector blades presently loaded into my Type L Injector. It provides for a very close, smooth, shave. It's a great quality blade.

I don't know that is necessarily any better than a standard single injector blade though. :tongue_sm

This is only in Google cache. I saw it earlier. He went from the UK to Gillette to ASR in Virginia where he stayed......

proxy.php

Malcolm B. Sykes
APRIL 2, 2010
Comments(0) Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share
Type Size A A A
STAUNTON — Malcolm Bernard Sykes, 76, husband of Elaine L. (Mules) Sykes, of Staunton, passed away Thursday, April 1, 2010, at his residence. Mr. Sykes was born June 20, 1933, in Dukinfield, Cheshire County, England, son of Herbert and Clara (Briggs) Sykes.

Malcolm worked for Gillette Safety Razor as a product design engineer, where he was instrumental in designing the Track-II razor. He also was employed by American Safety Razor as project manager, designing the "M" razor, also known as the Double-II. He later owned and operated Riverside Motel in Cortland, N.Y. Mr. Sykes proudly served in the United States Army during the Korean Conflict.

In addition to his wife, whom he married June 4, 1955, survivors include two sons and a daughter-in-law, Jeffrey W. Sykes and his wife, Barbara, of Mount Sidney and Greg S. Sykes of Staunton; two daughters and sons-in-law, Theresa C. Harvey and her husband, Richard, of Staunton and Angela D. Smithkin and her husband, John, of Verona; a brother and sister-in-law, Gordon H. Sykes and his wife, Joan, of Murphy, N.C.; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Mary C. Steger and her husband, James, of Charlotte, N.C., and Crystal J. Dudley and her husband, John, of Rochester, N.Y.; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a number of nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be conducted at a later date.

It is suggested that memorial contributions be made to Augusta Health Hospice of the Shenandoah, 64 Sports Medicine Drive, Fishersville, VA 22939 or to the American Diabetes Association, PO Box 11454, Alexandria, VA 22312.

Coffman Funeral Home and Crematory at 230 Frontier Drive in Staunton is in charge of his arrangements.

Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.coffmanfuneralhome.net.

This is only in Google cache. I saw it earlier. He went from the UK to Gillette to ASR in Virginia where he stayed......

proxy.php

Malcolm B. Sykes
APRIL 2, 2010
Comments(0) Recommend Print this page E-mail this article Share
Type Size A A A
STAUNTON — Malcolm Bernard Sykes, 76, husband of Elaine L. (Mules) Sykes, of Staunton, passed away Thursday, April 1, 2010, at his residence. Mr. Sykes was born June 20, 1933, in Dukinfield, Cheshire County, England, son of Herbert and Clara (Briggs) Sykes.

Malcolm worked for Gillette Safety Razor as a product design engineer, where he was instrumental in designing the Track-II razor. He also was employed by American Safety Razor as project manager, designing the "M" razor, also known as the Double-II. He later owned and operated Riverside Motel in Cortland, N.Y. Mr. Sykes proudly served in the United States Army during the Korean Conflict.

In addition to his wife, whom he married June 4, 1955, survivors include two sons and a daughter-in-law, Jeffrey W. Sykes and his wife, Barbara, of Mount Sidney and Greg S. Sykes of Staunton; two daughters and sons-in-law, Theresa C. Harvey and her husband, Richard, of Staunton and Angela D. Smithkin and her husband, John, of Verona; a brother and sister-in-law, Gordon H. Sykes and his wife, Joan, of Murphy, N.C.; two sisters and brothers-in-law, Mary C. Steger and her husband, James, of Charlotte, N.C., and Crystal J. Dudley and her husband, John, of Rochester, N.Y.; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a number of nieces and nephews.

A memorial service will be conducted at a later date.

It is suggested that memorial contributions be made to Augusta Health Hospice of the Shenandoah, 64 Sports Medicine Drive, Fishersville, VA 22939 or to the American Diabetes Association, PO Box 11454, Alexandria, VA 22312.

Coffman Funeral Home and Crematory at 230 Frontier Drive in Staunton is in charge of his arrangements.

Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.coffmanfuneralhome.net.

The antichrist of shaving,lol.

If you are super curious, of just want it as piece of history, there are a number of the Personna Double II's for sale on Ebay right now as a BIN:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300409180879&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I got what is almost certainly a replacement cartridge for one of these in a lot of shaving items from eBay. I was rather puzzled by it until I saw another listing for these double IIs. Wouldn't have bought it for its own sake, but the lot included some NOS injector blades and some decent cheap razors. I don't have the handle for it, but it looks like it would work similar to a Trac II in practice.

I got what is almost certainly a replacement cartridge for one of these in a lot of shaving items from eBay. I was rather puzzled by it until I saw another listing for these double IIs. Wouldn't have bought it for its own sake, but the lot included some NOS injector blades and some decent cheap razors. I don't have the handle for it, but it looks like it would work similar to a Trac II in practice.

The most interesting thing about the Double II to me is that each side of the razor is marked with a Roman numeral: I and II. This along with the "shaving edges" verbiage makes me believe that you are supposed to mostly use up one side before starting with the other in order to maximize how long you can use a cartridge.

I know debate about this use one side then the other has been inconclusive, even negative, when it has been discussed about DE shaving. This, and some ads for the double sided GEM micromatic blades makes be believe this was followed by at least some shavers.

It actually works best for teflon coated blades, I believe. Reading the patents, it appears that the teflon starts getting gaps with use that get bigger and bigger. An completely unused blade coated in teflon would be fairly well protected against moisture until use....

It is also interesting that Gillette rarely had ways to tell which side you were using on most razors except the value conscious Tech, where the Gillette logo would guide you (they dropped the logo in the 70's). Schick had the Schick or Krona marking on the head until the 80's or so.

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
That is one mixed up morphodite piece of shaving gear, I gotta say. Is it hard to believe that it never caught on?

Top Bottom